Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Depot find...

Home Depot find...

I was wandering around Home Depot yesterday gathering odds and ends, when Lo! and Behold! ..what should appear before my eyes, rolled up on a pipe out in the garden section? Nothing less than black EPDM about .04" or .05" thick x 15' wide sold by the running foot.. I did a quick mental calc as visions of hundreds of inexpensive gaskets swam before my eyes.. It worked out to about a dollar a square foot. You can imagine my unbridled delight, as only last friday I was quoted $5.30 a square foot for the same thing from an online supplier. Just thought I'd share.. -Later
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bio if you are looking for any volume I can get you a quote on a die and the gaskets at a very reasonable price. Just need the drawings and specs. If you are interested PM me. Simple stainless dies run around $100 or less and are good for years. They can even be resharpened.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I might be interested. I'll let you know as soon as my shims come in form injection molding.
    Shane, anytime, happy to help.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

BF>> Is there a difference between the black and grey EPDM?
    I've been using the grey, but will change if there would be any kind of improvement.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Ahem... Er, ah yes Lee... I have studied the subject in depth and have concluded the difference lies in the distinctive coloration variance observed in the two samples
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Damn, I guess I'm gonna have to get to my local Home Depot and HOPE like HEJJ that it isn't just YOUR Local store that has that sale...

Lee, Of COURSE it makes a difference in which one you Use... Come on, you KNOW Better than that... Just put a Stainless steel Bolt through the Plates, and you'll see the difference it makes....
    Sorry.....
    96 E-250 4.9L, 100,000 Miles.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.
    Modified Smack Gen I Cell.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

A TOOL Is only as GOOD as it's operator. If the Operator DON'T KNOW How to work it, The TOOL WON'T WORK

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Ahem... Er, ah yes Lee... I have studied the subject in depth and have concluded the difference lies in the distinctive coloration variance observed in the two samples
    LOL, BF! Alas, one of the last of the nice guys has turned into a smartass...

And Brian..........well, you're just being Brian...........;p
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

(head hung in shame) I'm sorry... It was a.. a.. a momentary lapse of reason- yeah! that's what it was!
    -To be perfectly honest Lee, I don't know if there is a difference or not, but based on something I read here a month or two ago about the conductivity of even the worst of the EPDM's, I'm going to use it instead of the PVC shower pan liner. The PVC looked fine when I first disassembled the units, but crinkled up in a matter of hours, making it useless to use for the reassembly. I have media blasted about forty of my plates now, so I really have to get busy to have everything back together for the trip to south Fla. this weekend to show off the diesel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bio -- Where are you going in south florida? Is there a show somewhere I don't know of, or are you just showing you truck off to friends?

Steve
    aka: That Guy,
    SmartAss,
    The person even Jesus hates
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

Steve, going to New Port Richey this Sat. the 24th. for a one day get together with some of the Fla. members of Oil Burners dot com, where we are going to tell lies, have a cookout, admire each others old Ford idi diesel pickup trucks and get the pumps timed by one of the members. That really isn't more than a hop, skip & a jump for you, want to come and talk about diesels and HHO? I don't know that I'll have my system reinstalled by then, but I am going to try to have the water injection working...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]