Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What kind of cell is the right one for me?

Update 11-okt-2010
    I have played with the EFI for a couple of weeks now with my HHO cell. I did many adjustments, had some good results but mostly not good enough or really bad. The large amount of variables make it all not stable enough for me, thats why I'm working on a separation cell which cut out the oxygen. Adding only hydrogen to the air intake makes the lambda sensor"say", "hey, the mixture is to rich lets pump lesser gasoline". The electrical signal from the lambda will be different to the computer or regulator. An EFI is not necessary so adjustment of a cell like this needs to be done by a PWM to control the amount of amps or doing some adjusting by making the electrolyte stronger or weaker. I will post my new project in a new topic. My big HHO succes turns out to be not easy enough for me, but that will not say HHO cells are no good. There are tons of people over here who have good results. I'm going into the "hydrogen-only-world".

regards,

knovos.

The extra oxygen that the o2 sensor reads with HHO being injected, in NOT from the oxygen being produced by the reactor! That tiny amount of oxygen in insignificant compared to the oxygen being brought in through the air intake.

The increase in the O2 reading is because the burn is no much cleaner because of thehydrogen burn, there are fewer contaminates -- therefore more room for atmospheric oxygen in the exhaust stream. This is exactly what the O2 sensor would see if the fuel air mixture was too lean -- less unburnt fuel making more room for the atmospheric oxygen.
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocady View Post
    The extra oxygen that the o2 sensor reads with HHO being injected, in NOT from the oxygen being produced by the reactor! That tiny amount of oxygen in insignificant compared to the oxygen being brought in through the air intake.

The increase in the O2 reading is because the burn is no much cleaner because of thehydrogen burn, there are fewer contaminates -- therefore more room for atmospheric oxygen in the exhaust stream. This is exactly what the O2 sensor would see if the fuel air mixture was too lean -- less unburnt fuel making more room for the atmospheric oxygen.
    I did not know all that, and you are a master so it must be correct. I have done EFI settings from 0.10 to 0.80 and many steps in between, with a gas output 0.8 to 1 lpm for my 1.6 opel astra 1992 with 1 sensor. The results are bouncing up and down and make no sense. I never had the same results with even settings. Thats why I'm a little sick of all the EFI tuning and try something different. I'm looking at myhydrogencar and vipond50 on youtube.

But what happened to
    With HHO unit Output EFI 0.42volt 1liter gasoline 22.1 kilometers (52.27MPG) +35.2%
    You couldn't get that increase in a long term or you tried to pull out more?
    35% seams more than enough for me?!?

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    try something old. since you only have one O2, see if installing an extender will yield you some result. also, try to see if you can increase your production to match you engine size. You should be able to produce a 1lpm with 15 amps.
    I don't know what an extender is. I have a gas production of 1 lpm at 20 amps.
    But never mind I'm focusing on hydrogen only.

Quote Originally Posted by zilex View Post
    But what happened to
    With HHO unit Output EFI 0.42volt 1liter gasoline 22.1 kilometers (52.27MPG) +35.2%
    You couldn't get that increase in a long term or you tried to pull out more?
    35% seams more than enough for me?!?
    Ya sure it should be simple to set the EFI to 0.42 but I did not get de 52.27MPG anymore. But BTW where's your setup what did you build in your car?

I'm currently stuck in a moment with my project due to my bussines, my cell at a stage where it just needs to be installed, wire installation in the car is all done...