Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of cell is the right one for me?

Very nice posting because I have exactly the same car and motor. I have already build in a 1 liter-system. The results are not good so far. Without dry-cell the motor takes 1 liter gasoline per 14.6 kilometers. The short first test that I did gave 1 liter gasoline per 10 kilometers. My question is, do I need an EFI or something for this single point injection motor with 1 lambda sensor (1 lead) going out of the motor to the catalyst. Is it possible the sensor 'says' your mixture is to lean because of the high amount of oxygen in the HHO mixture. Is it possible the fuel injection drops to many gasoline? I noticed more power from the engine but for more gasoline it is a waist of time.

knovos, exactly as you said "sensor 'says' your mixture is to lean because of the high amount of oxygen in the HHO mixture", some people have good results even without EFIE. what kind of cell are you using, where do you inject your hho and how accurate is that 1LPM you say you are getting, maybe you have a "steam machine".... Would appreciate some pics of your system to see how you installed it..

I have checkt the amount of hho and it is for sure 1 liter and highly explosive. The temperature is at the start 20 degrees Celsius and get never hotter than 60 degrees Celsius. I wil post some pictures this evening so you can see what I have done. I have used two dry-cells to get 1 liter. I am busy to make 1 bigger one for heating in my house but that will take a while.

looking forward to see your setup, it's great to have someone with the same car dealing with this project so we can work together

Here some pics from my crappy experimental hho design in my Opel Astra 1.6i 1992. You probably expect a full design under the hood, but that is not handy for the learning process and to make modifications. When everything is working fine, I'm gonna build it all under the hood. I can simply take this block out and work on it on the bench.

All problems are solved during the building of all this. I had some leaking of the tubes, some heating on the wires. I used thicker wires and used glue for the leaking problems.

because of limitations next posting more pictures ----->

The white stroke is the hose length and direction in the air intake

Next post more pictures ------->

next posting more pictures -------->

I make my plates out of old stainless steel diner plates. I buy this plates for 30 to 80 euro cents a piece at recycling shops over here. I don't know what the quality is but I have a small magnet with me to check if it is stainless steel.

As you can see I have a lot of work to do for my next 21 plate design, for a heating unit for one of the rooms in my house.

Today again bad results from this unit 1 liter gasoline per 12.2 kilometers (EFI needed!!)

Thanx koya1893, we know now for sure we need an EFI. I don't want to buy one ride away. I'm looking for a clear schematic, buy the parts at the local 'walmart' and do some soldering.

Kind regards Leon.

Tnx for your detailed reply...
    Where did you get those hose barbs?
    So no increase in mpg without EFIE, darn....
    2 koya1893, do you think that this EFIE would be the right one for us http://goo.gl/5Pgx or do you reccomend some other??

It was not that simple to order those barbs online with reasonable shipping cost. Finally I found a company nearby called 'wildkamp' where I can pick them up by myself http://www.wildkamp.com/is-bin/INTER...hedWelcomePage They are in The Netherlands and in Germany so I think that is no option for you in kroatia. I drilled holes and tapped 3/8 screw thread and also used glue.

I'm also considering if it is possible to make a drycell which separates the oxygen from the hydrogen. I understand you don't need a EFI with such a design.