Thread: Separation on the plates

Post Separation on the plates

I recently watched a video showing some measures on the separation of the plates of a wet cell. He was getting 1.8 LPM whit 12 plates (2.5" X 5").
    And i wanted to know if the separation contributes on the gas output or in the temperature of the cell...

Here are the videos:

Measures
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXVUkANoPDw

Testing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkb4L...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZhOX...eature=related

Oracle announced this week that turned OpenOffice into a community project, which means that LibreOffice separated from the OpenOffice before has no reason to exist, but the development side of LibreOffice today announced, there is no plan to re-merge the two projects together, LibreOffice and OpenOffice all go their separate ways, or plans, and planned to move forward.... Read more tech news on wollytech.com.

its all in the distance between the eyes

yes it does make a difference the more space between the plates the more amps it takes to get the voltage across
    so if their really close you can lessen the draw on the battery
    and i read an article that came up with a formula that came to 1.4v per plate is optimum any more is wasted any less is not efficient so 8 plates 3mm apart was the best test performing
    Daniel
    the only thing you cant do is the thing you dont want to do

yes it does make a difference the more space between the plates the more amps it takes to get the voltage across
    so if their really close you can lessen the draw on the battery
    and i read an article that came up with a formula that came to 1.4v per plate is optimum any more is wasted any less is not efficient so 8 plates 3mm apart was the best test performing
    Daniel can you post a link of where you read this about 1.4v. Great information. Have you tested it and verified that it does work?

Spacing does make a difference. One also has to take into consideration the size of the plates, port locations and how efficient the reactor is etc. The reason is that with larger volumes and more efficient reactors which create more HHO a small gap restricts the bubbles/flow, causing heat / hot spots and thus reducing performance and possibly aids in the creation of CR (VI).
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Daniel can you post a link of where you read this about 1.4v. Great information. Have you tested it and verified that it does work?

Spacing does make a difference. One also has to take into consideration the size of the plates, port locations and how efficient the reactor is etc. The reason is that with larger volumes and more efficient reactors which create more HHO a small gap restricts the bubbles/flow, causing heat / hot spots and thus reducing performance and possibly aids in the creation of CR (VI).
    I tried this and mine pulled 12 amps but with little production. Had to use very strong solution to get to 20amps with 1/2 lpm. 3.5in working space, 25 plates.

since then I rebuilt and went to .070 or 1.7mm gap spacing and gettiing 1lpm at 22amps with 1/3 the strengh solution than before.

Here is a video, not good but it worked.
    Redoing video. will upload later.

what did you use to get .07 for spacing?

I'm rebuilding my cell and was going to shoot for the shower pan liner variety which is .04 - which I'm thinking may be too close.

I have a 29 plate setup w/ 9.8 in sqr each side per plate. 8 plates per stack, 4 stacks. 1.7v per cell. I was thinking of expanding the cell size from 7 to 8 so that there would be 1.5v per cell.

Looks like you're end-plates are bowed in - when my first cell build did that I just put a metal bar across the center on front and back along with larger washers on the rest of the bolts and that cured it. The new end-plates I am using are 3/8" HDPE 4 bolts along each side and 3 across both the top and bottom. No warping issues with the increased number of bolts to spread the load on.