Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry cell on diesel

Smile Dry cell on diesel

Hello guys
    Thank you verry much at first for sharing your informations,am lerarning from you everyday for about 1 year, and I tried a lot of experiences on dry cell which ended with a good result but I'm looking to make a best one using 316L SS.
    Am here today cause am a little bit lost, I have a peugeot 206 diesel and I don't know if I have to use a MAP or an EFEI, or I don't have to use any one of them? and is 1LPM enought for my car? and should it be a matter if i don't use PMW?
    Please I need a summary about that.
    thx verry much guys.

Scalance-
    You do realize this BB is hosted in the USA and a Peugeot 206 diesel is not a vehicle that is sold in the USA? It is doubtful but not impossible that anyone on this board would have any specific knowledge about your car & engine management system. I suggest you talk with a Peugeot mechanic and purchase a manual (like I had to) and find out the particulars that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wink

ok thx BioFarmer, I will

What you need to find out is the total engine displacement in liters, and whether the engine has any 02 or AFR sensors in the exhaust. Also, knowing the type of fuel delivery system and whether the car in turbocharged would also help.
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

thx for info, but my car isn't turbo and it's 1.9 L, have to look if it has an O2 sensor that's what I was looking for
    thx ^^

Diesel and HHO

Scalance

A good jumping off point is to just inject the HHO into the intake manifold an see what result you get. I think HHO works best in high compression engines.
    You may not need any "enhancers", But chances are you will.Try it and see.

If you are a short tripper you may get by without some means of controlling the amp draw of your cell. A PWM and an amp meter is advised, until you know what your cell is going to draw when warms up. A runaway cell can destroy itself.

Jesse/ Spicerman

thx very much spicerman & koya1893 for the info. I'll start to find 316L SS first, till now I found 304 only.

hi ^^

I found only 304 SS , please guys does it really bother if I use it?

304ss will work, but your plates won't last nearly as long, and you will need to change your electrolyte fairly often as it will get "gunky".
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

thx astro, but I have no choice, can't find the 316L SS :'(