Thread: Thanks to the Mentors

Talking Thanks to the Mentors

I wanted to say thanks to the mentors for sharing their wealth of information. After 3 months, I am still doing research. I haven't even started to build my first dry cell yet but plan to start soon. The information you guys have shared has saved me and many others on this forum much time, money and greef. We are all in this together to find a way to get our ICEs to run cleaner and greener.
    Thanks guys.

I'll chime in with ya and say thanks here, too. Lots going on in the summer here. Still rounding up parts and reading a little every night, like you. By winter I should have something together though, lol.
    Good Luck,
    Tom

Well said - I too would like to add my thanks to all the help given here.

I have my cell up and running but as yet it is not to my liking.
    Regards

David

Rookie HHO guy here. I've learned a good deal so far and just started my research a few days ago. All the mentors in their previous posts have been very insightful. I also found a book at the public library that has been very useful as well.

My theory is that I can use HHO gas as a performance enhancer(along with gas saver) in my supercharged vehicle. With my roots style setup I shouldn't have an issue overcoming boost pressure as it will be injected before the blower. With the faster burn rate of HHO gas I should(in theory) be able to leviate detonation. And even possibly drop a supercharger pulley to increase boost safely. If the gas entering stays/is cool then it will help to reduce temperature(small amount?) in the blower. Thus allowing the outlet temps into the LIM to decrease(similar to an intercooler).

As far as the EFIE goes and the O2 spacers I'm going to pass. All that does is play the guessing game. I'd much rather hook up a hptuners and call it done. I need to further research, but I'm curious if it's even possible to inject HHO before the MAF sensor without causing damage to the MAF. Doing this it may be possible to tune the PCM to lean out the car when only HHO is present. Kinda similar to a dry nitrous tune on a vehicle.

Sorry for the rant as I get worked up over this stuff now. LOL

You can induce the HHO before the MAF sensor with no problem. Lots of people do it. Some think it works better as it will have more time to 'mix' with the incoming air.
    Just be sure there is no steam. Vapors will carry a portion of the electrolyte, and any KOH present will eat away any aluminum it contacts.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    You can induce the HHO before the MAF sensor with no problem. Lots of people do it. Some think it works better as it will have more time to 'mix' with the incoming air.
    Just be sure there is no steam. Vapors will carry a portion of the electrolyte, and any KOH present will eat away any aluminum it contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    May I jump onboard this train. I to would like to express my THANKS to all the mentors in the forum. If it was not for these veterans I would not know the things I am playing with. At this point I am making a believers out many this process is and will save them money not to mention cut down on unnecessary polution being induce into the atmosphere.

As far, as the HHO being induced before the MAF. As LEE mention you better have a good bubbler to remove the corrosive stuff or it will eat your MAF. I used to induce it that way myself until I did further test I am now inducing it after the MAF and 3 inches to the Throttle body. My test beds have gain better result that way.

The Town Car is still going strong with 28 mpg on mix driving condition. Once I upload the video on the Benz notice where the HHO is being induced. Thus far I am duplicating a 45 mpg on mix driving condition.

I've read quite a bit on KOH being caustic.

If I decide to inject after the MAF I will have to use a throttle body spacer(MAF in TB).

Unfortunately the case of the supercharger and TB is aluminum-everything else is cast iron. Fortunetly, I have a spare s/c case that I will use to test the process on before installing.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the responses.

Back to searching and reading.