Thread: 1995 Taurus ODB1 Mods - which ones?

1995 Taurus ODB1 Mods - which ones?

Hi - I am new o this forum. Apologies is this is a rehash.

I built a HHO cell for a car, three years ago. It was a 1998 with ODB II. Now I am looking at a 1995 Ford Taurus, with ODB1 computer. What mods are required? I am currently hunting for my manual. I am not aware if it has MAP or MAF, or if the O2 sensor voltage mods are the same as ODB II.

Thanks & Cheers

Artemis

Artemis,

I have a 91 Plymouth that is OBD I. I only use an EFIE and am getting great results -- about 45% increase in MPG for city driving. From what I understand, working with OBD I iseasier than the later OBD II, and you can be more agressive in your EFIE settings without throwing a check engine light. This, couples with being able to manually adjust your spark timing, may allow greater gains then are possible with the later systems.

Steve
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

COOL! - thanks for the tip. So any basic EFIE would do the trick?

Now if i can only figure out where to locate everything. This thing has a very cramped engine compartment

AJ

Same with mine. That's why I installed everything in the trunk.
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

DAMN - This is a station wagon.....

No room in-between the bumper and radiator?

What about removing the foam that's in front of the bumper and placing it there?

Very little room in front of radiator. Big sheet metal cut to fit it in. I'm thinking of getting rid of factory air box and putting in a tube and a K&N filter.

Thanks for the tip. I am considering it. There is some spare room behind the wheelwell, accessed from inside. I am also considering getting rid of the factory airbox, which is huge. I can do a tube and a K&N filter. I will be measuring both tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

AJ

K&N

I also have a 95 Taurus wagon, 3.0 L. Take out the factory air box, rubber tube and all. Unscrew the air meter from the box and use ultra grey and self tapping screws to attach it to the K&N with a short peice of a bellow connect the MAF meter right to the throttle body. Gives you the room to put everything you need up front. If your gen. is large you can put it directly under the sheet of metal that the box sat on, from under the bumper. Use the hole where the tube went thru for the lines. I'm going to put HHO in my 89 Taurus SHO as well.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.