Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drinking water infused with hho

Sheesh, OK, I wasn't gonna go there, BUT.. Have you heard anything about the benefits of "new" water? Apparently the water produced from a scrubbed gas HHO flame is of some fantastical quality and has super healing powers, blah-blah-blah...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bio, have not heard anything about it. Unless there is verified science then it is most likely snake oil, or its way ahead of science. There is years of science behind alkaline/ionized/hydrogen water. It is recommended by many main stream doctors. That is a bit scary though
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Has anyone seen anything about colloidal silver? It's a current snake oil, that can be made by using silver as your anode and cathode in an hho cell. It's rather questionable how much, and what it does, but lots of people think it will make you live for ever, and I can't say they are wrong.... yet.
    As far as the original question goes, DON'T use stainless! It does react and add some nasty stuff to your water. Titanium, graphite, or platinum are the best choices if you don't want anything but water with a "fizz".
    I=V/R so R=V/I and V=I*R
    P=V*I
    (I=Amps, V=volts, P= power in watts, R=resistance in ohms)

Has anyone seen anything about colloidal silver?
    Owen, There are lots of reports of near miraculous effects of colloidal silver. Some if not all of these could be a placebo effect. The only problem is, there is no good, large number, long term, studies that have been conducted to my knowledge. The mind is a great healer. You are as young as you think you are, except for a few of us who suffer with dementia, which makes us like newborn's! LOL
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

It's unfortunate for all of us that things like this will never be properly studied. Who would pay for it, there is no drug to patented, so there is no guarantee of profits after a successful study. Which leaves us with these snake oil salesmen selling questionable stuff, some of which could be great, some of which could be harmful.
    I=V/R so R=V/I and V=I*R
    P=V*I
    (I=Amps, V=volts, P= power in watts, R=resistance in ohms)

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Owen, There are lots of reports of near miraculous effects of colloidal silver. Some if not all of these could be a placebo effect. The only problem is, there is no good, large number, long term, studies that have been conducted to my knowledge. The mind is a great healer. You are as young as you think you are, except for a few of us who suffer with dementia, which makes us like newborn's! LOL
    Carter,
    Why is it that I somehow get the feeling that you were thinking of me when you made this post?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Na you'd be the last on the list. I was just painting a self portrait.

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    I am one who used Colloidal Silver regularly. It is the only thing that manages to get rid of the bug that my Wife and I seem to suffer from. There are of course good and bad products out there. The one I use is a pure form of it.

The EEC in their distorted wisdom are considering banning all of these types of product.
    Regards

David

OMG! Are you people crazy?! drinking bubbler water?!

You breathe the hho.. not drink it!

kidding kinda... (I plan to try it.)

Don't try this

There are instructions for making HHO enriched drinking water on the internet using a water4gas cell and sodium bicarbonate. Here is an example:

http://www.billhinkle.traderpips.com...hinkle_003.htm

The methode requires a water4gas cell half full of water with 1/8 of a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate as the electrolyte. A low current for the electrolysis is supplied by a cell phone charger. The gas is bubbled into a container of water for drinking.

Various statements by Bill Lang are quoted as support for this method, although he could just as easily be talking about another kind of cell setup.

I was stupid enough to try drinking this water for five days after following the instructions and on day five it was clear that the water was contaminated with something that was making me ill. Since then, I have suffered from head aches and difficulty sleeping. However, my 85 year old father has been rejuvinated by it and has suffered no ill effects so far. He says it is just like normal water, but better tasting.

I have since discovered that sodium bicarbonate decomposes into sodium hydroxide, carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. From the comments of eugine in his original post it seems that salts dissolved in water can be released into the gas as it bubbles off the electrodes. This is all rather worrying.

I urge you to resist the temptation to drink any kind of HHO enriched water that was made with an electrolyte, unless you are prepared to pass it through a carbon filter. Otherwise, follow eugine's example and use the minerals in spring water be your electrolyte.