Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why HHO Cannot Work

Why HHO Cannot Work

A cars engine converts fuel into kinetic energy. Some of that kinetic energy goes into driving the wheels and some of it goes into driving the other components of the engine including the vehicles alternator.

The alternator spins and creates an electric field which charges that battery and powers all of the electrical components of the vehicle. This electric field varies in strength dependent on the load (amount of energy) required to power the all of the components. The higher the load the more the electric field will create resistance to the alternator spinning.

The energy needed to split 1 molecule of H2O is equal to the energy released when the hydrogen and oxygen molecules are ignited and recombined into H2O. This means that in a perfect world with a 100% efficient HHO generator 1 joule of energy applied to water will release 1 joule worth of HHO gas potential energy.

In order to apply this 1 joule of energy to the water your alternator has to generate it while being driven by your car’s engine. This increases the load and magnetic field which increases the alternators resistance to spinning.

Again in a perfect world to compensate for the increased resistance your engine will have to supply the alternator with 1 extra joule of energy thus reducing the amount available to drive the wheels.

After all of this your HHO generator has generated 1 joule of potential energy in the form of HHO gas. This gas travels into the intake then into the cylinder where it is ignited and releases 1 joule of energy driving the piston downward and powering the engine.

To put the entire process in simple terms you have taken 1 joule of energy in the form of fossil fuel and converted into 1 joule of kinetic (running engine) then 1 joule of electric (alternator) then 1 joule of potential (HHO gas) then finally back into 1 joule of kinetic (HHO ignition).

The key concept to understand is that nowhere in this process was excess energy produced as it is only converted. Fossil fuels on the other hand enter the vehicle already in the form of potential energy when combined with the oxygen in the air. This means that energy is produced and can drive the wheels of the car.
    The only way HHO could work is to generate it off of a different power source and then load it on the vehicle in gas form. However this would require large tanks of pressurized explosive gas/oxygen mixture. You would be driving a bomb.

Finally one great analogy to put the last nail in the coffin for HHO. In a perfect world you could power a light using a solar panel that is producing energy from the light itself. X joules in X joules out. BUT you cannot tap into the system to draw out extra energy as no excess is being created.

Now HHO is a very cool mixture of gasses for other reasons such as cutting and welding steal but for increasing gas mileage it just doesnt add up.

Im not trying to start a fight but would love some discussion.

Note: I edited out the last part where I made some offensive comments. My apologies.

I think I might know who you are, and If I'm right, then I resent the hell out of you following me over here and being a troll. If you are not who I think you are and are just a random troll, I still resent the hell out of you. No one here feels like wasting keyboard strokes and time arguing with you for the sake of "discussion". It's been re-hashed so any times that unless you are willing to build a unit and see for yourself, I seriously doubt that anyone else on this board except another noob will respond to you. Your first post is so obviously designed to incite that it is laughably pathetic. Please feel free to read the testamonials before you are banned.

**Note To Admin** User braddubya is a TROLL **Please Ban**
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here we go again! Yes, it is all just smoke and mirrors and not a single person has seen actual mileage gains using HHO. We are all just a bunch of retards wasting our time and money. Dude, we have heard this argument soooo many times. I'm sure that you are very qualified and you are welcome to your opinion but please, just let us have our fun.

If it did work there would be real research by real scientists and technicians on it. There is no way that joe schmo is doubling his gas mileage in a mason jar in his garage and still no car company IN THE WORLD has picked up on this and integrated it into their cars. If it worked they would revolutionize the automobile. You really think you know something they dont?
    Oh now here we go again.

If discussion is what you want I would suggest that you first do some research which is easy to do. You should first start with the search feature on this forum and if not satisfied then go to other forms, Google etc. The problem is you have addressed the problem in a negative way and with some truth mixed in with half truths. If discussion is what you want, you would come at this with a totally different approach showing that you know what you are talking about not just half truths.

I am not going to waste my time going over stuff that has been hashed over many times before but I will address one thing. Who are you to say, what you said in the above quoted part of your post. Are you a scientist of renowned status? If you are that is even worse because it shows that you on your first post have not done any research which is against all good scientific principles. Further more there has been more Joe Schmo's who have come up with brilliant ideas and become leaders in many fields. They at least got there hands dirty and found what worked and what didn't and why. I would be very careful who you call Joe Schmo. Now the Mason jar is one part of the truth in your statement. I feel you at least owe us the courtesy of doing the research and if you still have some questions come back, show your ignorance, and I am sure one of Schmo's here will be able to set you straight. There is volumes of scientific work that proves there can be some benefit.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Duh.....umm....gee golly wiz, guyz! Duz yooz think the smart man is onto us???? I hope the world doesn't figure out that we're all a bunch of friggin' WINDOW-LICKERS in here! Guess I bought my degree from E-Bay, and all of the money I've spent in research was for naught. I feel really stupid now, as I just bought a whole case of 'Mason Jars' so I can triple my fuel economy!
    Trolls are such a$$holes!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Oh good, now I can save my time and money. Thanks, I'm sure glad you posted this helpful information, after all no one here as pasted the eighth grade, and we don't understand the conservation of energy. I really though HHO was making energy from nothing. But what if I get my crystals balanced, will it work then?

Your not going to get a "real discussion" with a post like that, just a lot of sarcasm (from me). If your really interested try posting something like "why does HHO work, there is a clear total energy loss, so where is the gain" and you will get some theories and some discussion.
    I=V/R so R=V/I and V=I*R
    P=V*I
    (I=Amps, V=volts, P= power in watts, R=resistance in ohms)

Yeah, guess I should go right out and take my HHO generator right off, and throw it away, because an Oil Company shill says it doesn't work? Guess I shouldn't have voided my warranty by altering the wiring to the ECM either?
    Let me clue you in, friend, these little backyard units are going to break BIG OIL, oh yes, count on it! There will come a day when Exxon/BP/Shell will come to us on their knees, begging us to buy gas from them.

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    friggin' WINDOW-LICKERS in here!
    Trolls are such a$$holes!
    And I've got my Open Face Motorcycle Helmet on, so I don't bump my Head when the CHOOL Buz swerves.... Maybe we should start wearing the YEDDOW Wain Slickers too?????
    96 E-250 4.9L, 100,000 Miles.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.
    Modified Smack Gen I Cell.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

A TOOL Is only as GOOD as it's operator. If the Operator DON'T KNOW How to work it, The TOOL WON'T WORK

Ok let me first apologize for the last few comments of my first post. I realize that they came off very rude. The first section however I would like to focus on as I spent some time trying to put that together in the most logical way I know how.

How do you explain input x output x+ ?

I really would like to have a discussion and I would gladly edit the first post to remove the last part. I dont think the rest of it should be offensive in anyway.

Also to the first poster: I have no idea who you are and certainly did not follow you here from anywhere else.

Good, go away anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]