Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why HHO Cannot Work

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    Braddubya,
    I'm an electrical engineer, and I was VERY skeptical at first - for the same reasons as you. However, in designing a bunch of electrical stuff, I've often come across things that SHOULD by all accounts work, but they don't. I've also come across things that should NEVER work, yet they do. In both of these types, there's always some little "oh yeah.... duh..." bug that wasn't ever considered. HHO, I think, is in the latter group.

My laptop battery is about to die, so I'm gonna make this short. The theory is that HHO allows the EXISTING energy to be converted to MECHANICAL energy more EFFICIENTLY. The mechanism of action isn't very well understood,..
    I would like to second the "not being well understood" part. Never the less the results prove that in fact it does in many cases/done right convert the energy of the gasoline into more usable crankshaft energy.
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post

As for the maintenance.... how hard is it to add water??

just my opinion....

Shane
    Shane
    That's Hard Work!

Scientifically speaking...
    Why does water pour?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

Smack looks different with a cowboy hat on. That must be special water he uses for his TI reactors.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

lhazleton... L-M-F-A-O

Thanks, Phil. At least someone (unlike Larry) appreciates my humor.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Thanks, Phil. At least someone (unlike Larry) appreciates my humor.
    OK Lee, It was funny You happy now?

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Thank-you, Larry. You know how sensitive we retards are.............
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0

Braddubya

Ok let me first apologize for the last few comments of my first post. I realize that they came off very rude. The first section however I would like to focus on as I spent some time trying to put that together in the most logical way I know how.

How do you explain input x output x+ ?

I really would like to have a discussion and I would gladly edit the first post to remove the last part. I dont think the rest of it should be offensive in anyway.

Also to the first poster: I have no idea who you are and certainly did not follow you here from anywhere else.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Energy in x= Energy out x, yes.

Put from all of the post I have read, all the nay sayers have left out the most important equation in the formula and that’s $.

2009 driver Joe drives 64 miles a day to work and back.
    64 x 5 = 320 miles a week x 52 = 16,640 miles a year.
    Car before HHO gets 15mpg. 16,640 divided by 15 = 1,109 gal of gas.
    1,109 gal of gas at an avg. cost of $2.75 = $3,049.75 per year in gas money.

2010 driver Joe has his new HHO maker in his car.
    Car with HHO now gets 19mpg. 16,640 divided by 19 = 876 gal of gas.
    876 gal of gas at an avg. cost of $2.75 = $2,409.00 per year in gas money.

$3,049.75 - $2,409.00 = a total savings of $640.75

2012 driver Joe with his HHO maker in his car.
    Car with HHO still gets 19mpg. 16,640 divided by 19 = 876 gal of gas.
    876 gal of gas at an avg. cost of $4.00 = $3,504.00 per year in gas money.

2009 car with out HHO and gas at $2.75 a gal= $3.049.75
    2012 car with out HHO and gas at $4.00 a gal= $4,436.00
    2012 car with HHO and gas at $4.00 a gal= $3,504.00

$4,436.00 - $3,504.00 = a total savings of $932.00

Now maybe you don’t need an extra K a year to live on. If so, then your only here to p*ss every one off.

As for me, and maybe most of the rest on this forum, we could use the money.

No one here is trying to get Energy in x = Energy out x +.
    They are trying to get Energy in x = Energy out x+$

It’s simple, if you don’t get Energy in x = Energy out x+$ then your wasting your time.

*Hope my math is right. If not, you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocady View Post
    The simple explanation of why HHO works...

The hydrogen gas burns very hot and very fast. When it is mixed with the intake air, hydrogen molecules are distributed through the combustion chamber. When ignition occurs, all the hydrogen burns instantaneously, which in turns ignites the gasoline. It's like having a thousand tiny spark plugs in the chamber, igniting all the gasoline at the same time.

The increase in performance comes from burning the gasoline that normally passes through the exhaust unburnt -- not from the power derived from burning the hydrogen.
    That has got to be the best explanation on this entire forum! I'm with dubya on the impossibility of a perpetual motion machine, but your explanation above is exactly it. We're just making the whole ICE process more efficient, ironically by combining it with another, somewhat inefficient process that complements it, chemically.

I read this info somewhere b4. There's people that are saving on the mpg. So your theory about adding resistance to the alternator is equal to the kinetic energy giving back is equal is wrong . Have you ever have on put into you car yet. When you talk you got to have the material in front of you to prove or disprove it just like all of us in here. We got the material to prove it not just any theory. Theory is just a theory until its the fact when you have something to play with and show it, even than it's still can have many mistake. I guess you don't know what a close control experiment means if you're so smart.