Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why HHO Cannot Work

Quote Originally Posted by astrocady View Post
    The simple explanation of why HHO works...

The hydrogen gas burns very hot and very fast. When it is mixed with the intake air, hydrogen molecules are distributed through the combustion chamber. When ignition occurs, all the hydrogen burns instantaneously, which in turns ignites the gasoline. It's like having a thousand tiny spark plugs in the chamber, igniting all the gasoline at the same time.

The increase in performance comes from burning the gasoline that normally passes through the exhaust unburnt -- not from the power derived from burning the hydrogen.
    I like this. You have provided something that is logical and can be tested. If this is true than I would have to admit to being wrong. I dont know of a way personally to verify this but I dont see any reason to think it could not be true.

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    There is much more than that involved. You have made it only a foot off home plate. At the rate you are going you will never see a home run. Your skepticism is only demonstrating more and more your lack of knowledge on the subject. This I can see is going to be a waste of time and no body will want to feed someone who shows such lack of ability and want to learn. For this reason I will not make any further commit on this subject.
    Im skeptical because up until the most recent comments no one including your self had seemed to have any logical idea why it might work. I would not say it demonstrates my lack of knowledge on the subject but perhaps your own as you could not provide an answer. And how you decided I "shows such lack of ability and want to learn" is beyond me. As i have been asking for an explanation of how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by braddubya View Post
    If these devices actually work then you have made the worlds first over unity device. In order for them to work you must be getting more output then input.

You could in fact then build a perpetual motion device. Have a engine running on HHO producing HHO that it feeds itself.

Thats where my disbelief comes from.
    Nobody is 'running' an ICE on HHO. Anyone claiming to is full of $hit.
    All I'm going to say is that hydroxy gas acts as a catalyst in the combustion chamber. All injected gasoline is burned as long as the ignition timing is retarded (like all of us) to match the increased flame-front speed.
    As long as the reactor is properly built with quality parts (not friggin' household crapola), and it's output equals 1/2 the ICE's displacement, and the ECU it tricked to shorten the pulse time, it works beautifully.
    Try building a reactor the right way, build an EFIE, and see what happens.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Im skeptical because up until the most recent comments no one including your self had seemed to have any logical idea why it might work. I would not say it demonstrates my lack of knowledge on the subject but perhaps your own as you could not provide an answer. And how you decided I "shows such lack of ability and want to learn" is beyond me. As i have been asking for an explanation of how it works.
    I am sorry that I might have offended you, sense It seems I have, I am forced to answer you. I guess I have to explain to you what I thought, was quite obvious. As you can see I am a Beginner and I thought that if I was able to find the information with my feeble mind without asking any broad questions, then some one with any intelligence at all should be able to do the same. I must have been mistaken on your ability to do the research. I tried to prompt you by telling you that almost all the information has already been posted at least once and now it is getting posted all over again. Did you use the search feature? Have you used Google or other search engines yet? You said you had studied this extensively in order to come up with your skepticism. I still do not believe that. I have been wrong before and if I am I make apologies in advance. Now does that explain why I thought you lacked the ability to learn. It has been so long I have almost forgotten how my 3 year old kept asking WHY for everything but this brings back those memories. I had to bite my tongue then and I guess I will do the same in your case but for different reasons.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Hey Lee...
    Ol' Brad here pi$$ed me off enough to think the whole thing through again, and you know what? I think I just thought of another reason why it works- chew on this and see what you think, or maybe it's just time for my medicine... Anyway, HHO makes super fast flame front for highly efficient fuel burn with higher specific impulse, HHO consumed first, its exhaust product (water) is available as a non compressible but phase changeable product. Steam. Steam expands about 1800x the size of the amount of water that made it. Thanks to Helz we already know that the water vapor injection works to add power and extend mileage. My water injection efforts on the diesel seem to be working quite well and and brought my mileage up from 13.5 to 16.7 on a recent 300 mile trip. Perhaps this is the other side of the HHO coin...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks. I was just going to relax and you just HAD TO POST! Now, I'll be thinking about this all night. Thanks sooooo much!!!!!
    Check out the other recent posts in this forum. You're in for a 'treat' LOL. You'll find the one I'm talking about.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Shane,
    You know what I meant. I'm talking about driving around with nothing but HHO.
    Damn grOup idIOt! LOL
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0

braddubya, here is some home work. Now these are used by even the snake oil vendors but are still worth reading and should have been part of you study. Geder ON

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2005...enenhance.html

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/facts-resea...Vs-Nov2007.pdf

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1977016170.pdf
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I tried to prompt you by telling you that almost all the information has already been posted at least once and now it is getting posted all over again. Did you use the search feature? Have you used Google or other search engines yet?
    Im not sure if you have seen the inerwebs lately (kidding) but if you search HHO there is nothing but gobs and gobs of BS. so far one man has shown different colors then the rest. FYI this man was not you. If you want to see for yourself reread this thread and google HHO for yourself. Gobs and gobs of bull ****. Maybe if you google astrocady you will find something worth investigating but not much else.

You said you had studied this extensively in order to come up with your skepticism.
    Please show me where I said this because in the hand full of posts I have made I cannot find any statement close to this. I attacked the concept logically. No one but astrocady came close to providing a logical counter argument.

I am sorry that I might have offended you, sense It seems I have, I am forced to answer you. I guess I have to explain to you what I thought, was quite obvious. As you can see I am a Beginner and I thought that if I was able to find the information with my feeble mind without asking any broad questions, then some one with any intelligence at all should be able to do the same. I must have been mistaken on your ability to do the research.
    It has been so long I have almost forgotten how my 3 year old kept asking WHY for everything but this brings back those memories. I had to bite my tongue then and I guess I will do the same in your case but for different reasons.
    I already apologized for my misconduct in offending the people of this forum. I will not make the same mistake again by retaliating to your disrespect. I also somehow doubt your 3 year old asked about the fuel burning efficiency of a gasoline engine that is being supplemented with browns gas. If he/she has I would appreciate if you allowed me to talk to him/her so he/she could explain how this works better than yourself.

ok maybe that was a low blow...but i dont think it was unwarranted.

Honestly the previous informational posts have shown me a logical concept which I had not thought of or found previously. I will admit that I was looking at the problem much too simplified and that there are more variables to take into account. Thank you forum members who were able to put my foot in my mouth with simple logical information. There is something to learned from your approach.

Until I find a flaw in the concept or find evidence for...im out...unless someone has something more to say.

Brad, everyone likes Mr. Spock, no one likes a smartass wannabe Mr. Spock, and personally I think we have entertained you long enough. You don't know enough to have a flippin' opinion about anything, and as far as learning enough here to have an opinion, I suggest you do so respectfully, without being a smartass. Being a smartass is a privilege reserved for mentors and those with something positive to contribute. As yet, you are neither.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]