Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Why HHO Cannot Work

how about super and turbo chargers? they take power to run as well, but produce a positive gain in the end. I plan on trying it before trying to disprove its effectiveness

"The only way HHO could work is to generate it off of a different power source and then load it on the vehicle in gas form. However this would require large tanks of pressurized explosive gas/oxygen mixture. You would be driving a bomb."

By Joe, he's done it! Disproved finally, with some grade 10 math! Yeesh why didn't anyone think of this?!?!? BRILLIANT - now lets all turn our dry cells into coffee coasters.

Hey, on that note, I also hate how my diesel loses 20% fuel economy when my headlights go on... what is with this alternator bull$#@! anyway, perhaps my available torque cannot handle it? And also, what is with this fuel, diesel... it must provide 100% explosive efficiency during combustion, I can't possibly get anything more out of it. hmm

F%$! HHO, I'm cutting holes in the floorboards like Fred Flinstone did for my boost.

Narrow minds haha

If I can fill the back of my truck with 1000lbs and experience no perceivable difference in fuel economy, (my personal test was done over 4 test 2000km total - I burnt the same loaded as i did empty.) My diesel has available torque. It has available amps. Its injection at top dead center loves a little kick. You notice it on hills. You notice it at the cash register. I think my alternator can handle an additional load of 17a dude. Just like i think if i tied a naysayer and dragged him down the road, my fuel economy likely wouldn't change.

dude if you got the wrong set up or some crapy little generator , than you deserves it. Show some picture of your stuff some we all can see hows your set up ,so that we can agree or disagree .

My God, is this thread still alive?!? --MODERATOR!! Oh wait, I see it was last stirred on the 21st... Whew! what a relief...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hho works

So when producing hho , engine burn more gas because alternator has higher resistance. That means no gain in mpg because resistance is now equal to opposite force to kenitic energy from burnnig hho, right? This means that the toyotas and hondas hybrid would not work because when the hybrid is running on gas it should be burning more gas to recharge the batteries, than when it time to switch back to battery , its just using the energy store in the battery that it needs to burn more gas to recharge anyway right. I guess we are a bunch of idiots buying hybid that give out 50mpg. What are you gonna say now Stein?

expecting an answer form bradduya

I'll be waiting for an answer for a long time because this dude got this info from somewhere, he's not smart enough to figure out that theory himself. I've read about it somewhere before too. So if you came up with the theory about the resistance on the alternator then you must be smart enough to come up with another explaining about how hybrids works or don't work, Hey everybody that's reading this just look at the date and time of the message and see how long this genius is gonna take to respond. Go ahead and do your research because you are speechless now. I'll have an answer for what your about come with when you come up with it and it's gonna come from my brain not someone else. I'm ready when you are.

I must be missing something here. Who is still arguing that HHO boosting does not work???

I think they got the point, or did i miss something?
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Amen, Roland.........this thread's been dead for months now!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Thanks to Helz we already know that the water vapor injection works to add power and extend mileage.
    Thank you very much since I was the one to show him how to set his system up. lol

Quote Originally Posted by astrocady View Post
    The simple explanation of why HHO works...

The hydrogen gas burns very hot and very fast. When it is mixed with the intake air, hydrogen molecules are distributed through the combustion chamber. When ignition occurs, all the hydrogen burns instantaneously, which in turns ignites the gasoline. It's like having a thousand tiny spark plugs in the chamber, igniting all the gasoline at the same time.

The increase in performance comes from burning the gasoline that normally passes through the exhaust unburnt -- not from the power derived from burning the hydrogen.
    Very well put! I've just read through this thread and the above statement just about covers it. And, this is where most people tend to misunderstand the principle.

Basically then a standard electrolyser simply adds hydroxy which increases the burn efficiency of the fuel we are using, and as such gives us less unburnt or wasted by-products. However, from this we can see that any increase in fuel economy will be extremely limited, as there is only so much unburnt fuel.

So, if we assume (as science tends to dictate) that we get no more energy out of the hydroxy than it took to make it, then the only gain in fuel efficiency comes from our existing fuel burning better.

However, even for this to work, you need to have a well-designed and well-built electrolyser. An electrolyser that is very inefficient to start with will never be able to make up the energy losses and will ultimately decrease fuel efficiency, and thereby increase fuel consumption. And this is where many people fall down and why so many people fail miserably when attempting to make a hydrobooster.

With a standard brute force electrolyser, you will never achieve the theoretical maximum Faraday gas output, so you are always on your back foot to start with. But bodge together an ill-conceived, poorly designed and built electrolyser, and you are simply wasting your time altogether.

There are however, other types of electrolysers that can surpass Faraday's maximum theoretical gas output for any given power input, not by breaking Faraday's Laws of Electrolysis, but by incorporating additional mechanisims to break down water into its component gases.
    Farrah

It's what you learn after you think you know it all that really counts!