Hello all, I am a little new to this, but have had the Mason Jar Reactor
on my van for awhile now. I have learned a few things in the process, as I am sure we all do. I left mine in the "on" position for two hours and the acrylic tower twisted into a nice twisty shape. So I ordered a new one from here:
http://www.greentechexpress.com/product-p/nplx001.htm

A trip of 246 miles showed that the new tower had shattered. I do not know if this was due to poor workmanship or product, excessive heat in the reactor, or what, but when I took the tower/wire out, the tower came apart into several pieces, and even the pieces showed cracks. Dilemma!

Here is what I did. I got two 3/8 stainless steel bolts with one inch of thread on the end, and replaced the original short bolts with the longer ones, they reach to within 1/2 inch of the jar bottom. I use a solution of Trisodium phosphate, less than one ml., and a very small amount of Arm and Hammer Baking Soda. Production was OK, but not outstanding. So again I took the unit apart and took the original SS wires, attached the wire to the bolt at the top, and wound the wore around the bolt to the bottom. The negative wire went all the way, but the positive wire took more space, and I had to cut off about nine inches off the end. The bolts tended to stick outward, so I took a nylon tie wrap and bound them into alignment, straight with the jar.

Production is better than before, and even if left on the unit does not sustain damage. The unit runs cooler now, and gas production is up by 15-20%.

We are ordering some new reactors very soon, and are building a "six-pack" set-up in the rear of our van, in a wood box affair I am building, with a roll out tray for the jars. I don't like the idea of a very long vacuum line, but with a van, space under the hood is limited. This configuration will give easy access.