Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using Bolts Instead of the Tower/Wire Configuration

Using Bolts Instead of the Tower/Wire Configuration

Hello all, I am a little new to this, but have had the Mason Jar Reactor
    on my van for awhile now. I have learned a few things in the process, as I am sure we all do. I left mine in the "on" position for two hours and the acrylic tower twisted into a nice twisty shape. So I ordered a new one from here:
    http://www.greentechexpress.com/product-p/nplx001.htm

A trip of 246 miles showed that the new tower had shattered. I do not know if this was due to poor workmanship or product, excessive heat in the reactor, or what, but when I took the tower/wire out, the tower came apart into several pieces, and even the pieces showed cracks. Dilemma!

Here is what I did. I got two 3/8 stainless steel bolts with one inch of thread on the end, and replaced the original short bolts with the longer ones, they reach to within 1/2 inch of the jar bottom. I use a solution of Trisodium phosphate, less than one ml., and a very small amount of Arm and Hammer Baking Soda. Production was OK, but not outstanding. So again I took the unit apart and took the original SS wires, attached the wire to the bolt at the top, and wound the wore around the bolt to the bottom. The negative wire went all the way, but the positive wire took more space, and I had to cut off about nine inches off the end. The bolts tended to stick outward, so I took a nylon tie wrap and bound them into alignment, straight with the jar.

Production is better than before, and even if left on the unit does not sustain damage. The unit runs cooler now, and gas production is up by 15-20%.

We are ordering some new reactors very soon, and are building a "six-pack" set-up in the rear of our van, in a wood box affair I am building, with a roll out tray for the jars. I don't like the idea of a very long vacuum line, but with a van, space under the hood is limited. This configuration will give easy access.

Not to burst your bubble, but don't waste your money.
    Lots of us started with the 'Mason jar' stuff. It's a good way to begin learning about HHO production, but that's all. They're inefficient crap. The amount of hydroxy they produce is much less than the energy wasted.
    Do yourself a favor: Do more research and then build a drycell reactor that will actually give results. I hate seeing people throwing away good money.
    If you still want to use the Mason jar, build one from scratch. All the parts cost under $15.
    Also, you don't hook up HHO to a vacuum although I'm sure it says to in the wonderful directions. If you have even basic knowledge about an ICE, you'll know that vacuum is created during deceleration, braking and idle, all the times when you don't need to add anything. Kinda like flushing and then peeing - doesn't make sense.
    You said that production went up 15 - 20%. How are you measuring the output? I've never seen that design be able to put out more than 100MLPM. Your van, I'm guessing, is at least 4 liters. You'll need to produce at least 2 LPM (2,000MLPM) at 25 amps or less.
    Believe me, I'm not picking on you. I just want to save you lots of money and aggravation. I just checked out the website you posted. Bunch of thieves! $60 for a kit you can buy for $15 max. A dollar per teaspoon of their crummy 'electrolyte' powder (KOH is the best to use & costs about $2 per POUND). $149 for a 'flash chip'. It's made by VOLO, and you can buy one from them for $89.95.
    Do research and don't be taken by the scum that are trying to make money off this technology. I started years ago with the same Mason Jar setup that you have. Trust me.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Ben,
    Did you check out the website? Those guys are the kind of scumbags that ruin it for newbs. Making lots of money off of unsuspecting folks.
    Maybe we could get them to market our Flux Capacitors, huh?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Hello, lhazleton, you speak from a position of knowledge, so please, enlighten this poor garage mechanic with how to do this? The jar does in fact work as promised on my TPI 350 V-8 4300 pound van, but not like I would love it to! I would really love to get 70 mpg, but these dry cells cost a great deal of money to buy, and even plans are high, so us poor people are stuck with what we have, I guess. My van, super tuned, was getting 18 mpg on a good day, and eating us alive. With the little jar we are now getting over 35 mpg on the same brand of gas. I know the HHO is not a fuel, but is more like a fuel enhancer, which makes the gasoline a lot more efficient. And I am saving over $100 a month. Show me a better way for less than $150.00, and I am all ears.

OK, you've doubled you mileage by using a Mason Jar setup hooked up to a vacuum.
    Anyone else with a 5.7L would need at least 2.85 liters per minute just to get 20% improvement or so.
    Sweet
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0

The holy grail is really a mason jar that will make your car get double mileage. What Can I say throw the books out, the hours searching the internet and the forums. Just go to the local thrift store and buy a 10 cent mason jar and double your mileage. I do not thinks so. Please be careful with those time bombs be cause even though the lids might blow off first the one time it doesn't and someone gets hurt your in a lot of trouble. The bang is bad enough but glass in someones eye that is worse.

Just do a search on this forum and you will find many great designs to build yourself or buy one from someone here that knows what he is doing and not just selling snake oil. Your gains are just not believable.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Ben,
    Did you check out the website? Those guys are the kind of scumbags that ruin it for newbs. Making lots of money off of unsuspecting folks.
    Maybe we could get them to market our Flux Capacitors, huh?
    We have them REALLY!

I be right back, I'm going to see Doc Brown!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

Thanks Andy. If I'm not mistaken, you have a photo of just the capacitor, don't you? If so, please post it. I was looking for it a while back & forgot who had it.
    Also, you're using the 15 amp limiting ring connectors with that, right?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0

You want plans...Here:
    http://72.35.72.219/~library/26171/H...inch plate.zip
    Stack em
    -NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-
    Free, gratis, no charge!
    Get building!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Thanks Andy. If I'm not mistaken, you have a photo of just the capacitor, don't you? If so, please post it. I was looking for it a while back & forgot who had it.
    Also, you're using the 15 amp limiting ring connectors with that, right?
    Here you go Lee, I just got back from November 5th 1955...Doc says hi!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac