Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the optimum active area of electrodes?

What is the optimum active area of electrodes?

For peugeot 1400cc 8v and propably 1.5lpm?

This is governed by engine size and maximum amount of amps per square inch or active surface on one plate. . For engine size 1/2 liter of HHO per Liter of engine size. For a/sq/in it is .5 amps per square inch of active surface area.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    This is governed by engine size and maximum amount of amps per square inch or active surface on one plate. . For engine size 1/2 liter of HHO per Liter of engine size. For a/sq/in it is .5 amps per square inch of active surface area.
    does that mean both sides of the plate? thanks

peace

jedi

The area that the electrolyte covers on one side of one plate when in operation. This should not be confused with the non operating or flooded state.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

what? thankyou for the answer, but forgive me i don't understand it. i've been reading and using the search (wich never seems to give me anything that seems to be related to my keyword or words) but it's not really sinking in. sorry if this is a hyjack.

peace

jedi

Opt. plate area...

A good rule of thumb for plate area is 1/2 to 1 sq.in per volt. That,s plate area in the water. 1/16th gaskets.
    wet cells are a waste of time and energy , they create too much heat.
    Hope that helps. .....jesse

What portion do you not understand 1/2 an amp per every square inch of active surface area. Or just active surface area. Example if you have 25 square inches of active surface area on one plate. You should run a maximum of 12.5 amps through each stack of the reactor if it has 25 square inches of active surface area on one plate. If you run more you will damage the plates over time and the reactor will not run efficiently. Efficiency is what this is all about. +nnnnn-nnnnn+ This is a 2 stack reactor. You could run 25 amps through this configuration max. This is actually 12.5 amps per stack, which is 12.5 amps per active surface area of one plate (25). Does that help. What governs how many amps is the the active surface area and the number of stacks. The more you have the more amps you can run. The stacks divide the total amps as given in the sample above. A one stack reacto +nnnnn- 12.5 amps max. This is an example of a 6 cell (6 gap) reactor. It goes, plates, cells, stacks, and reactor. If every body understands the terms and they become standard then there will be less misunderstandings. +nnnnn- this has 7 plates, 6 cells, and 1 stack in this reactor.

Carter,
    I think this confuses lots of people.
    The active surface area of a reactor is the total sq.in. within the gasket area of one side of one plate. It makes no difference how many plates there are. You only use one side of one for any measurements.
    For example, my reactor has 6"x9" plates. The gasket is 1/2" wide, making my active surface area 40 sq.in. (5"x8").
    It's set up as 14 cell/2 stack (-NNNNNN+NNNNNN-), so I can run up to 20 amps. per stack or 40 amps total maximum for the system without doing any damage to anything.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    What portion do you not understand 1/2 an amp per every square inch of active surface area. Or just active surface area. Example if you have 25 square inches of active surface area on one plate. You should run a maximum of 12.5 amps through each stack of the reactor if it has 25 square inches of active surface area on one plate. If you run more you will damage the plates over time and the reactor will not run efficiently. Efficiency is what this is all about. +nnnnn-nnnnn+ This is a 2 stack reactor. You could run 25 amps through this configuration max. This is actually 12.5 amps per stack, which is 12.5 amps per active surface area of one plate (25). Does that help. What governs how many amps is the the active surface area and the number of stacks. The more you have the more amps you can run. The stacks divide the total amps as given in the sample above. A one stack reacto +nnnnn- 12.5 amps max. This is an example of a 6 cell (6 gap) reactor. It goes, plates, cells, stacks, and reactor. If every body understands the terms and they become standard then there will be less misunderstandings. +nnnnn- this has 7 plates, 6 cells, and 1 stack in this reactor.
    This is the type of "thread" I am referring to, questions are being asked without understanding the basic terms used in the process. It is really frustrating, at least for me and several others try to answer the question saying the same but they asked over and over again.Take the time to note these terms and apply and use the answers being given. If you look at Myold's answer and apply them you have yourself an efficient cell. the configuration example given above is the ideal set up unless you are running for a long time, then you need to add a 6th biplor to keep the cell cool and use less amps. You will have something like this -NNNNNN+NNNNNN-, you can built a cell in this configuration and use the mixture to govern the amps draw if you are not runnin a PWM, you can mix it light like 1 bl. per 1 gl. or 3.5lb. to 1 gl. of water.

C'mon now, Ben. I know for a fact that you love repeating yourself!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php