Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: newby corner

newby corner

hey guys, i'm new so i selfishly want everyone to conform to my needs.
    but honestly i think it would be a good place for people to know where to start, introduce, ask redundant stupid questions without much fear of occasional flameups... not that i'm accusing anyone of anything, just a place to feel comfortable getting our feet wet, and a place to send those of us who may not know how much we don't know.
    i'm having a hard time just figuring out what all the acronyms are, and then when i put all the letters together in the right sequence, i still don't have a clue what i'm looking at, or why someone needs one of those things or what it does. it would free up the other forums to have more streamlined discussions, and would mostlikely have several stickies of the most frequently asked questions. i think it would be a great service.
    by the way i have a 2007 chevy aveo, and a small jelly jar hho generator, 9 1.25" ss washers +n-n+n-n+ to jelly jar bubbler, 1/4 tsp trisodiumphosphate and i'm drawing power from my fuse panel off my fuel pump i think. not sure of amp draw and all, i'm still just experimenting, first week commute to work with just hho no mods helped me jump from around 30 mpg to 35.6, i just installed defoulers to both my o2 sensors and i'm gonna see what that does.

question... can i bypass my maf by just plugging my hho line in after it?
    thanks guys great place

jedi

Weeeeeeeeelcommmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in this forum !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hhojedi View Post
    but honestly i think it would be a good place for people to know where to start, introduce, ask redundant stupid questions without much fear of occasional flameups... not that i'm accusing anyone of anything, just a place to feel comfortable getting our feet wet, and a place to send those of us who may not know how much we don't know.
    i'm having a hard time just figuring out what all the acronyms are, and then when i put all the letters together in the right sequence, i still don't have a clue what i'm looking at, or why someone needs one of those things or what it does. it would free up the other forums to have more streamlined discussions, and would mostlikely have several stickies of the most frequently asked questions. i think it would be a great service.
    by the way i have a 2007 chevy aveo, and a small jelly jar hho generator, 9 1.25" ss washers +n-n+n-n+ to jelly jar bubbler, 1/4 tsp trisodiumphosphate and i'm drawing power from my fuse panel off my fuel pump i think. not sure of amp draw and all, i'm still just experimenting, first week commute to work with just hho no mods helped me jump from around 30 mpg to 35.6, i just installed defoulers to both my o2 sensors and i'm gonna see what that does.

thanks guys great place

jedi
    Here are some acronyms, but mostly emissions.
    http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/hho-abreviations

Wet cells are pretty much a thing of the past because they waste too much current/energy and generate too much heat.

The best cells these days are "Dry Cells." Tons of information on this site, YouTube and Ebay. If you don't want to get scammed, I suggest you do a bunch of searches here and TONS of reading just to get up to speed.

Wet Cell vs. Dry Cell:

Just beware that many people will tout their own designs and try to sell you anything or even scam you. Educate yourself from the great minds here on hhoforums.com! You can even build your own dry cell. Good luck!
    2000 Toyota Camry CE 4cyl 2.2L (CA emissions)
    168K miles

Quote Originally Posted by hhojedi View Post

thanks guys great place

jedi
    I also think so.

Here are some more videos to watch. These should help get you up to speed.

Mike, first of all thanks a bunch for making the video. I would like to add a couple of things to take into consideration when building a dry cell like this one. First is hole or slot size is critical when trying to minimize current leakage. A good starting point for the inlets is 1/4" holes and 3/8" to 1/2" for gas outlets. This will get you close to the manafold pressure required to minimize the liquid portion of the elite from spilling over the top of each plate.

Now in order to use the weld-on 16 you must sandblast the plates so that it will stick. It gives the glue a better bonding surface. With that being said it is important that you glue around each hole as you mentioned. I like to start with bigger holes in my plates and glue them shut and re-drill through the glue. This will ensure that there won't be any exposed metal around the inside edges of the hole and will save time. It will also allow you to change the hole size with out having to drill the metal, only the glued hole. The next thing that must be done is glueing the opposing side of the next plate straight accross from the inlet hole.

Another thing that is important is duel power connections. One on either side of the plate. This will cut down on resistance. Location for these connection is important as well. The first connection should be furthest away and opposite side of the plate away from the inlet hole. The other should be located on the side of the inlet but as high on that side of the plate as possible.

Hope this helps. "D"

I am very new to all this however in watching the dry cell vs. wet cell i was wondering if you were making your own plates could you stagger the holes by say 1/4 inch horizontially so that there was not a hole going straight from the front to the back allowing the current to jump past the plates?

Actually you want to stagger them as far as possible to help with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok so stagger far apart. Then I was also watching another youtube video that mentioned a product called weld 16. It was a paint on acrylic. I was wondering about painting a small area the size of the plate right across from the hole so the current doesnt jump through the hole and from one plate to the one two over.

The use of Weldon-16 and everything else is covered in here.
    Holes should be staggered as far apart as possible (as Gus stated), and should be as close to the gasket as possible. Coating the plates with Weldon-16 directly adjacent to the holes will help, but the holes themselves must also be coated. Before using the Weldon, the plates MUST be media blasted. Simple sanding won't do it.
    Here's one of Larry's videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnOl9...yer_detailpage
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php