Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Negitive Results Chevy 2006 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    My time to tinkering lately is down to minimal (back to work helping our troops). No I have not, I've been trying to get a good look at the mount bolts on the IP and formulating how to do it. Thus far, what adjustment I've been making with the ALDA has shown great result. I turned it back 1/4 from where I had adjusted when I was getting 44 mpg mix driving, but this time I only drove the car to and from work total of 10 miles a day and to the gym and back. With the ALDA set at 1/4 from the original setting when I first got the car it is getting 27 mpg I consider that city. With this set up I notice more black smoke, meaning I am inducing a lot of fuel.

This last set up I turned it back to 1/2, it seem to have better accel and definitely quiter and smoother idle. The cell I have on it now it the one with two exit holes, yes I can see the difference in the size of the bubbles. I think the contributer to that is the technique Larry uses to eliminate voltage leakage. I've built four cell done that way and I have notice the bubbles are smaller. The first one I did not test because the guy was leaving for Sturgis, but called me twice telling me the new bike he owns meaning the system has really brought the bike to life, plus the additional 35 miles longer he can ride.

Every time I look around to get familiar to this car I always notice something I want to fix and I do. This week end I am re-designing the bushing for the shifter rod, I found one of the clip missing and no bushing on it while I was replacing the flex coupling on the drive shaft. I found out this is one of common problem to these cars and they are a pain to replace. So I am re-designing them.

Back to HHO matter. Thank you for those kind words, hence that is why I try to help those who are in need so I can share what I've learned here which made a big difference with my system. I don't know whose using Larry's method for cutting down on voltage leakage. It works, THANK YOU LARRY.
    Thanks, I am glad someone else tried it and found the same success I have. It is simple and easy plus effective.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Hello,

In a previous post, myoldyourgold mentioned 6x6 cell. Just to make sure, is the 6x6 the size of the active area, or the basic size of the 316L plates?

I see that there is a diamond style generator, make sense that the bubbles get push to a single point at the top of the generator. But does it really work better?

In a previous post, myoldyourgold mentioned 6x6 cell. Just to make sure, is the 6x6 the size of the active area, or the basic size of the 316L plates?

I see that there is a diamond style generator, make sense that the bubbles get push to a single point at the top of the generator. But does it really work better?
    Yesterday 08:07 PM
    I was referring to basic plate size. The diamond style reactor does give you more active area but the bubbles have farther to get out and are continually bumping into the upper portion of the diamond and being redirected to the center. It might be an advantage or it might not. One would have to test for that. I have just stuck with the square which has its problems at the top too but works well form me.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I personally did not have any success with the Volo. I have a 2006 Chevy HHR. I tried for about 6 months and it usually was 2-3 mpg less than with the efie. I have a small engine so I only need about 1 liter per min.
    You really need to adjust your o2 sensors and possibly your map sensor. Most of the information I seen on chevy trucks to get good gains is to have a big cell, EFIE and Map enhancer.

Hi forumsKDC, I am also using a Volo chip on a 97 Chevy 4x4 5.7 liter. I have been using it for about six months and have seen little increase in mileage (increase due to warmer temperatures?). Maybe we can combine our efforts and get better results.

I have built my generator around the Punch Dry Cell design. I have a 7 plate +nnnnn- generator that has a working surface of 4.5'x4.5" area. I use squared gasket material and not the "O" rings. I drilled 1/4" alternating supply holes in the bottom of my plates with a 3/8" outlet hole in center of the top of the plates.

I use a coiled tube inside a 3" plastic pipe for the first bubbler, and than into a second 1 1x2" bubbler before it goes into the intake just before the throttle body.

I use sodium hydroxide as my catalyst. I get a lot of bubbles of steam and about 2 litters of hho a minute. At least no steam into second bubbler.

I use sodium hydroxide as my catalyst. I get a lot of bubbles of steam and about 2 litters of hho a minute. At least no steam into second bubbler.
    Bhart Sir, correct me if I am wrong. You have 5 bipolar(N) plates and 2 unipolar plates +NNNNN- 6 cells with 20.25 active surface area. My question is how many amps are you running through this in order to make 2 liters per minutes?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

MYOLDYOURGOLD, I am running in the 25 amps range.

Bhart Sir, you have defiantly made good improvements to the reactor by going to flat border gaskets. I do see an over amperage problem. Have you checked the temperature of the reactor after running for over 30 minutes? If you are producing 2 lpm proximately at 25 amps you would be 110% over Faraday. Science proves this is not possible. In your set up I would have to go with science. Your reactor should not be running over 10 amps.( 1/2 amp per squar inch of active surface area) A lot of the amperage over that is going to heat and will damage you plates quite quickly. This will also contribute to CR VI in your electrolyte. Make sure you dispose of the electrolyte in an acceptable manner. I would suggest you go to +nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn- and run this at 28 amps and make close to 2 lpm. Your plates will last a life time and there will be no over amperage. Keep up the good work and keep us informed on your progress. I have seen the 5.7 GM v8 getting over 20 miles per gallon with clean exhaust and lots of power with an EFIE and apx 2.8 lpm in town and better on the highway. Here is a picture of a poor design but shows exactly what happens with over amperage.

Thank you for your input, I will have to get more plates to do the suggested design. Yes I do generate a lot of heat, hot to the touch. My plates are 14 gage (freebies) and gaskets 1/8" (some compression with plastic sheet). Through my research in this forum there isn't a concencious on thickness of plates or gaskets. some like the thinner ones and some go for the thicker ones.

Thank you for your input, I will have to get more plates to do the suggested design. Yes I do generate a lot of heat, hot to the touch. My plates are 14 gage (freebies) and gaskets 1/8" (some compression with plastic sheet). Through my research in this forum there isn't a concencious on thickness of plates or gaskets. some like the thinner ones and some go for the thicker ones.
    Your welcome Sir, 1/8 inch EPDM is good for your size of reactor. The larger the active surface area and the more stacks the larger the gap has been my experience. Or the more gas you make the larger the gap should be. In a smaller reactor with only 10 square active inches I use 1/16 and make 1 to 1.5 liters per minute, over that I go to 1/8 inch.