Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making HHO Before Putting It Into My Car

Making HHO Before Putting It Into My Car

Hey so i have a Jeep Cherokee and i was just wondering what if i made an HHO cell and made the gas at home and then got a way to store it in a tank that can later be put in my car and pump a solid amount of gas into my engine. Would this idea work? Has anyone tried it yet? Any answers and info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Why? Tune your Jeep to run it and then on your drive you run out of gas in your HHO "bottle" and then your truck runs super lean.... Why?

Very bad idea. Bang!@!!!!
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

A company called 'ITM power' in sheffield, England (30 miles from me) has started pressurising pure hydrogen for cars and vans and is going from strength to strength, in september they are releasing a new portable H Fuel system built into a lorry container that can be delivered to companies with fleet vehicles.
    i have a invitation to the launch of this on the 15th and am looking forward to it and meeting the brains behind it.
    Also roy mcalister has been doing it for many years ... as we all know!!
    Heres a couple of links:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oJ3T...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oJ3T...eature=related

Hydrogen and HHO are apples and oranges. Make no mistake if you compress HHO (hydrogen and Oxygen) you have a potential very big bomb!!! Do not do it unless you know exactly what you are doing!!! Compressing just hydrogen is not such a problem but still is dangerous for someone without the right equipment and safety devises and is done commercially every day. Nobody is compressing HHO commercially, at least not to my knowledge. Let us not get confused here. Greenpower I think you need to make it very clear what you are talking about. Be safe!!!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Exclamation Warning ... Dont do it!!

Sorry for any confusion, just to clarify ... i dont recommend compressing HHO
    If anyone was to try this at home and anything was to go wrong you WILL die.

here's another clip from itm power, i meant to put this on the other post.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOtED...eature=channel

Also .. i'm new on this forum so HELLO anyone reading, i'm not a company or selling anything but just a HHO enthusiast, i first built and used wet cells in filter cases but now build and use dry cells, i also have experimented with a DC inverter welder as a power supply.
    thanks for reading, feel free to say hi, Martin.

Actually myoldyourgold ... i think ive just seen the error of my ways, ive had a look at a few vid clips that i thought used compressed HHO and confirmed that it is infact pure hydrogen as you said and NOT HHO!
    i havent started my compressor project yet but i have most of the parts, after this sudden realisation of it needing to be pure hydrogen to compress to high pressure and the higher danger of compessing HHO i now doubt i will continue ... you could even say its pi**ed on my bonfire a bit!, i would like to build a H configuration cell with pure hydrogen from one chamber and oxygen from the other ... but not at the moment as spare time is limited.
    this is roy's storage tank of hydrogen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRYj2...ext=1&index=26
    thanks bud, you may have just saved my life.
    Martin.

You are most welcome anytime Sir. There are some good open source splitting reactors out there. If you want to compress that is what you need. The risk is always there that there might be some bleed over of oxygen. The membranes that are used commercially are very expensive and beyond our reach. Hope this helps. You be safe Sir.

Yep, ok ... sorry about that Ben, i should have kept my trap shut but when i saw this link it was something that had been on my mind for some time, i built and used a wet cell in my diesel focus estate a couple of years ago with great success, i had an idea to make green HHO at home using a wind turbine and store it to use as and when i like possibly in my 3.3kva briggs genny or a car??
    while at college learning panel beating and paint praying there was major emphasis on bottle storage, solvent storage and all other substances hazzardous to health, i also handled propane for years so with that in mind and seeing roy simply running his john deer at 4psi unthrottled i was rubbing my hands together .... UNTIL as you can see above my realisation of it no longer being possible, until then i thought i had it all planned out, ive already built the first stage which is the cell with a pump, radiator and bubbler with water trap, i will include a pic of it, no url for pic ... here's a vid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m74QBECge4Q
    the cell isnt too good but i now have everything i need to build a new BIGGER one ... except time.