Thread: New Truck Box

New Truck Box

I'm going to a trucking show later this week in Dallas, and I just finished a box that I'm taking as a display. Thought I share a couple of pix...
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

Excellent work astro. Do you use a pump and what material is your end plates made of?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Excellent work astro. Do you use a pump and what material is your end plates made of?
    Yes, there is a March Co. pump located beneath the 3 qt separator tank.

Those endplates are acrylic, but all future ones will be HDPE Marine Board.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

Very nice Astro,

What size plates are you using on the reactor? SS right?

Chase

Got back yesterday from the Great American Truck Show in Dallas, TX where we showed off our 3 lpm Truck boxes (diesel engines up to 9 liters) and 6 lpm truck boxes (engines up to 16 liters). There were 2 other HHO companies there, and they were both selling systems that only produce 1/2 liter per minute for use on 15 liter diesel engines! Tiny little things packed into 8"X6"X12" boxes with no seperator tanks or bubblers or filters or flashback arrestors. Go Figure.

Quote Originally Posted by b1jetmech View Post
    What size plates are you using on the reactor? SS right?
    Chase
    Plate are 8"x10" with 1/2" wide, 1/8" thick gaskets. 316L 16 gauge Stainless.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocady View Post
    I'm going to a trucking show later this week in Dallas, and I just finished a box that I'm taking as a display. Thought I share a couple of pix...
    The pics reminded me that you made a box to make a bomb.....LMFAO!!!! :-)

Very organized setup there Astrocady. What reactions did you receive from the folks at the show? Thanks.