Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HHO power supply question

For now it is a wired mess of parts, LOL but when I get it all together in the case I will definitely shoot a video for you.

The answer to your question is yes, Keith, it should be fine. A bridge rectifier consists of 4 internal diodes that "route" the AC into the correct DC terminals. No current(er, extremely little) will pass between one BR and another if you have Positive to Positive and Negative to Negative.

Back to the original note about current capacity... Those BR's are probably rated for 50A ONLY at extremely good heat sinking. You really should at least double the current handling capacity and provide very good heat sinking capability. The last thing you want is for AC and your batteries/load to mix. AC won't hurt your HHO reactor too bad, but it could cause a hell of a lot of damage if you're putting any kind of chemical battery in parallel with it.

I have 3 transformers each rated at 40 amps. Each of these 3 transformers have 2 50 amp bridge rectifiers. On the high voltage side I have a max 20 amps and I have again 2 bridge rectifiers rated at 50 amps. These are all attached to 2 massive 6" by 16" heat sinks. So I think I am set there.

You know the funny thing is when I didn't get an answer here I posted this and a more detailed schematic on 4 electronic forums. ALL of them were NO help at all. They all said it was bad, impossible, or going to blow up but no reason why. Well, after having a few restless nights of no sleep not being able to understand why it wasn't right I said screw it and I tested it anyway. GUESS WHAT, it works flawlessly!!! The only thing I need to add is a bleeder circuit for the caps.

So long story short, this forum has some of the brightest and out of the box thinkers I have ever come across. So kudos to you guys!!!

Thanks again for all the help!!

Keith