Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do with a 100 LPM 200 watt cell???

What would you do with a 100 LPM 200 watt cell???

Hypothetical questions

If you where an inventor of very modest means, and you could make cells that produces 100 LPM plus of HHO with less than 200 watts? If you are trying to make a living from your inventions, what would you do with your invention? How would try to make money with it?

Part 2; what would be the ramifications to the US and the world?
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

If I could make 100LPM @ 200W input... I'd solve the world's energy needs, and thereby eliminate world hunger due to limitless energy providing extremely cheap goods(such as farming equipment). Along with this invention, I would also eliminate any global warming threat due to absolutely no need for fossil fuels. I'd probably end up curing cancer, too.

Energy is the lifeblood(and bottleneck) of virtually every problem we have in the world. Find a way to make limitless energy, and almost every problem can be solved. I just love how these "modest" inventors talk about such little things they could do with their inventions. Ironically, it adds credibility to them because people don't believe completely absurd and fanciful things. Increasing their mileage 100% is well within their "reasonable" limits. Rarely, do people go the next step and REALLY consider the astounding ramifications of such a product.

LOL Shane, you've got the idea. It's people like you guys on this forum that are the "rare" breed that "get it".

I'ld be figuring out how to spend my $1 million dollar Nobel prize

The other side of the coin. All processes/products using oil would go up in price in the long run, that is after the crash of oil prices and cheap goods(excess oil). Taxes would go up. Water would become the most expensive heavily taxed and controlled item in the world. Instead of fighting over oil we would be fighting over water and its control. The environmentalists will have a new thing to torment the world with and make some of our lives miserable to meet there agenda. Bangladesh would no longer be one of the poorest countries..... It goes on and on.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I was thinking that with a fall in demand of oil that it could have great negative ramifications.

Major lay offs of people in all oil industries and related support industries. Id think that may cause a major depression in the US. Oil is a huge part of our economy it might be another nail in our coffin. Also wonder if low demand for oil would cause serious international instability. Of most concern i think Russia is so heavily invested in Oil and the Middle East losing a major part of their economy. I seriously wonder if the good would out weight the bad.
    Just food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    First thing I would do is buy the biggest generator I could. Let's say a 1 megawatt. I would feed power back to the grid and collect a check from Duke power ($40,000+ a month). Then I would use that money to buy a 2nd generator, then a third and forth........

Wouldnt take long and I would be richer than bill gates....

But we all know there is no way you can make 100lpm on 200 watts! Even with "resanance" I highly doubt it is possible.

That's just my buck 25. (damn inflation)

Shane
    Hum, selling power back That's not a bad idea. Im sure there limits to what they will buy back, but ... turns out they pay about $0.01 (One cent) for 1 KWH of power. So even with your mega watt gen you could hardly recoup the Gen cost. ( just put it in the garage please http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEuiP...layer_embedded)

Phil , I believe things that you (and most normal folks) obviously do not. Nothing wrong with that.
    Call me crazy, but I do believe that someone will make breakthrough that will redefine what is, and how we define energy, and how we can harness it. Not breaking any laws of thermodynamics, just possible how we define energy, (I do believe that it has been done by a few to some degree).

I actually believe that there may be a dozen folks or so, setting on these types of inventions because there are not many options for them without production money or protection money ... I look at how the "Freddy guy" with the 2004 dodge truck was resently received (not saying he was truthful or not) Just wanted to put myself in the shoes of someone who may actually come up with something like this that truly worked. My question is only to do with how should they approach the world with the invention, and profit at the same time?

I disagree. You will still need oil, and instead of making cheap fuel oil, they could focus on more profitable products like plastics and lubricants.
    You could be right. I do understand we will still need oil, and the more profitable products are good for companies and there bottom line. But I think volume, or the lack of it, would hurt the employees with a much reduces work force. And the suppliers of the bulk crude (certain countries may be stress to the point of chaos)

I think transportation consumes something like 75% of the oil used in the US. I think Plastic's only represent a very small percentage in the US. (not positive) World wide plastics are probably a larger percent. But dont you think that even with a 100% increase in plastics that would to leave a major discrepancy.

The US uses something like what, 45%-50% of the world oil? I'm thinking Thrid World countrys may benifet most from OU and "1st" world countrys will take a hit in the long run.

Just thinking out loud

I disagree. You will still need oil, and instead of making cheap fuel oil, they could focus on more profitable products like plastics and lubricants.
    Continued

Just looking how we recently handled potential bankruptcy of a few auto manufactures and the goof ups from the banks. That was said to have potential CATIFSTROFIC ramification if left to it own demise.

Now think of how much Bank money is invested in all types of manufacturing, energy, etc, and research and development for all those industries!!! All that Could be at risk of default. I think we could be talking Trillions of $$$$. Who would buy a new car (or fill in the blank, trains, big rigs, bulldozers, framing eq, the list goes on... ) when you know they would be obsolete when the new OU cars come out it the next three years. The list of Industries that would be effected could number in the hundreds. Maybe it is a good thing Stan Myers...
    Still Just Thinking Out Loud

Again another different look at things.

"Finding a source of " Unlimited free energy" would be the most unimaginably heinous crime possible against humanity. For it would inevitably turn the planet into a cinder. Hastening an isoentropic heat death. If you find a free energy source, you damn well better find a new free energy sink as well. Even then, the relative flux rates will still nail your arce."

This was sent to me to counter an example of over Faraday. Not that I totally agree but food for thought and a different take on things.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

That's true, Shane. Myoldyourgold's quote is assuming the Earth is a closed system - in that case, yes, we would all burn up from eventual "heat death". However, the Earth DOES radiate heat away into space in the form of infrared radiation, so it's not a closed system...

As for the global warming part.......... There are tons of negative feedback effects going on in our ecosystem that KEEP the planet in a pretty nice state. e.g. As the planet heats up, water evaporates and causes clouds... decreasing the amount of power being absorbed by the sun. An overly simple example, yes, but we've had nice conditions on this planet for millions of years now, and to think we are going to make a huge dent in it, is arrogant thinking at best, hysteria with a hint of agenda at worst.

My $0.02.