Thread: Detonation, Burned Valvles, and EFIE

Detonation, Burned Valvles, and EFIE

While I haven't installed one of these kits on my car (yet) I do have some experience with engines, and have a question.

Everyone knows that a proper-running engine requires the air and fuel mixture to be metered out correctly. If you have too much fuel (a "rich" condition), you run out of oxygen to burn it all with, and some of the fuel makes it through the system unburned, and this is wasteful.

On the other hand, if you have too much air (a "lean" condition) you get problems such as detonation, whereby the ignition of the air/fuel mixture happens prematurely, before the spark, and can cause terrible damage to the head, valves, piston, and rings.

Now, when fooling around with a carefully-balanced system by adding an HHO generator along with an EFIE, wouldn't you run the risk of getting a mixture that is too lean if you dial in the EFIE incorrectly? I am afraid of causing damage to my engine.

By what means do you dial in the correct voltage to "fool" your engine's computer without going too far and ending up with an unsafe lean condition?

No. The ECU has limits and you have to still stay within the limits or you go to a rich mode. The ECU looks at more than just the O2 sensor. It is theoretically possible to adjust all sensors but not likely. I feel you can run the engine at the maximum lean condition that the ECU is programed to allow and not more with out reprogramming it. To prove this try running a 2 liter engine with 20 liters of HHO and an EFIE at the leanest position.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .