Thread: Help with Electrode +/-Connections

Help with Electrode +/-Connections

What a great forum for newbie's such as me trying to make head and tails about this thing.

I previously had purchased a wet cell from someone and it improved the gas mileage on my 99 Jeep Cherokee by about 15%.

I am in the process of changing out the plates inside (my old generator used only 3 plates!, I'm going with a +NNNNN- light switch plate config) and have a very important question to ask of you all.

I am switching the connections to the top of my generator (4" PVC pipe) and need to know if the wires can be connected from the top of the generator (two 1/4" SS posts) directly to the side of the plates (thus they will be totally submerged in the bath) or if I MUST attach some kind of conductive straps to each side of my plates and then have these attached to the top of my generator.

I have seen the connections done both ways using a wet cell generator, but did not see it mentioned if both methods would work or if one is better for the overall health of the unit itself. I am really looking forward to your help with this. Thanks

I am switching the connections to the top of my generator (4" PVC pipe) and need to know if the wires can be connected from the top of the generator (two 1/4" SS posts) directly to the side of the plates (thus they will be totally submerged in the bath) or if I MUST attach some kind of conductive straps to each side of my plates and then have these attached to the top of my generator.
    Use only stainless steel where it comes in contact with the electrolyte for the same reason we use stainless steel plates instead of copper plates. Since you are going to all the trouble to build a new reactor, why not build a more efficient dry cell reactor. The wet cell is very inefficient and since the gains you get are directly related to the power you put into making the HHO to the quantity of HHO you get out. Even though you might make the same amount of HHO you will be able to make it with less input power. There are lots of people selling kits or just plates. This forum, other forums, youtube, google, all have tons of great examples. Good luck in your endeavor and stay safe!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Go on ebay and check out the dry cells. Most wet cells after you add the plates bolts nuts container glue etc... will be at least $50.00. You can get a decent 13 plate dry cell on ebay for $100.00 assembled. Not that tinkering with other stuff is not good but for the cost you are better off just getting one of the pre-made dry cells. And then you can try and improve on the design from there.

Quote Originally Posted by keiththevp View Post
    Go on ebay and check out the dry cells. Most wet cells after you add the plates bolts nuts container glue etc... will be at least $50.00. You can get a decent 13 plate dry cell on ebay for $100.00 assembled. Not that tinkering with other stuff is not good but for the cost you are better off just getting one of the pre-made dry cells. And then you can try and improve on the design from there.
    I agreed with you. He would better off making his own dry cell which are much cheaper and rather than buying from those people on ebay, who are ripped everyone off!

The group of idiots has just found out...

Wink

Hilarious!!!