Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experimenting with 10"x10" nickle cell

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    B1,

I am ready to try my new dry cell without any holes. I was going to try it with Nickel. 3" X 5", 5 plates. Do you have enough on hand and sell me the 5 plates before I buy a complete sheet?

The cell I built for the bus is four of this small cell but SS producing 3 lpm plus.
    Unfortunately I don't have enough on this sheet because they were cut out in 10"x10"s and there is a 2" strip left over.

There is a place ( I think) in Washington state that sells in small quantity however I called and they said they don't have any in stock.

I then called a place on the East coast and they would cut up any size just have to give them directions over the phone.

Let me know how it works out.

Chase

Quote Originally Posted by b1jetmech View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have enough on this sheet because they were cut out in 10"x10"s and there is a 2" strip left over.

There is a place ( I think) in Washington state that sells in small quantity however I called and they said they don't have any in stock.

I then called a place on the East coast and they would cut up any size just have to give them directions over the phone.

Let me know how it works out.

Chase
    PM Shane Jackson. I beleive he still has some left.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Quote Originally Posted by b1jetmech View Post
    OOps! sorry for not responding in a swift manner. I got from "MegaMex" in Houston, Tx.

It comes in 3' x 8' sheet at .031" thick. The cost...$1000 so be ready.
    jetmech -- are you in houston where you just drove over a picked up the sheet, or did they (will they) ship it to you?

Thanks, Steve
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocady View Post
    jetmech -- are you in houston where you just drove over a picked up the sheet, or did they (will they) ship it to you?

Thanks, Steve
    Steve,

I live in Michigan so the sheet was transported at $120.00 which wasn't bad.

If I order multiple sheets the shipping will be close to same

Chase