Thread: 1986 Subaru GL

1986 Subaru GL

I'm currently driving a 86 Subaru GL 1.8L thats carbureted and I'm pulling my hair out with the crappy MPG. From what I gather I need 0.9 L/min of hho. I don't have time to build from scratch so I've been searching on Ebay for a kit. Dose anybody have any recommendations? Also, most of the kits on Ebay produce 2-3 L/min of hho could I put a potentiometer on the circuit to control amperage and thusly L/min?

You can take a cell that can produce 3 LPM and lower the recommended concentration of electrolyte so that you only produce 1 LPM. This would actually come with the extra benefit of running much cooler on long drives. But to be honest with you, since your car has a carb, it will probably be able to take 3 LPM. I would start low and check mileage, then increase slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by keiththevp View Post
    You can take a cell that can produce 3 LPM and lower the recommended concentration of electrolyte so that you only produce 1 LPM. This would actually come with the extra benefit of running much cooler on long drives. But to be honest with you, since your car has a carb, it will probably be able to take 3 LPM. I would start low and check mileage, then increase slowly.
    This is very good advice. I plan to do exactly the same thing on my WRX. Quality, not volume.

Does anybody have experience with this kit? Its one I've been considering.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HHO-D...Q5fAccessories