Thread: Local Gasket Material?

Local Gasket Material?

Hey everyone, I live in Nova Scotia and it appears as if none of the business here can supply me with any gasket material. There is no Low's within a days travel of me. No one knows what PVC shower pan liner is or PVC foil along with any other material I have looked for. No one sells any thin rubber material at all! Does anyone have suggestions as to where to look for a gasket, or maybe some alternative gasket material? I'd rather not buy online, but it might come down to that :/

Try finding pond liner. It works even better than shower pan liner.
    Your local hardware store should be able to get it.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Try finding pond liner. It works even better than shower pan liner.
    Your local hardware store should be able to get it.
    I did some looking around, and there's none around here. The only place that has it "cant get to it because of all the stuff in the way". Nice customer service eh? Temperatures can be below 0 C for most of the year here, so i guess I'm not surprised that I've only seen one person with a pond anyways. Thanks anyways though any other suggestions?

I used to buy neoprene sheets from a local Goodyear store. Not that I'm having them cut for me, that person is getting the stock from McMaster-Carr (they have an online catalog). I also believe that Graingers carries it -- they have outlets in lots of cities as well has an online catalog.
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

I think online is going to have to be the way to go on this one. There is no Goodyear here. There was a Graingers, but it's a couple of hours away. Anyone have a "preferred supplier/vendor" they wouldn't mind sharing? I have already herd some stories on these threads of people ordering their supplies, and them never comming so im a little warry about ordering online. Thanks for all the help though!

I bought some bioler gasket material I found on the internet. They were selling excess leftover stuff really cheap. I can't remember if this was it, http://www.allstategasket.com/info_p...gaskets-01.asp
    look for surplus.

jeffp>> that's a pretty good site! The pricing on the regular stock is about average, but the surplus is really cheap. EPDM 1/8" 6"x14' for $10??? I've been thinking of changing from the 1/16" to 1/8", but the cost has always been too much. Thanks.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

wow, that is cheap. I think ill get it off there, good site. Thanks!

Nvm, when I went to the checkout there was a minimum order cost, and after shipping (3x the price of the material) the total cost was over $100. Think I'l keep looking :/