Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange feeling of measuring the circuits PLZ HELP!!!!

Strange feeling of measuring the circuits PLZ HELP!!!!

Hello guys,

Today I have been working with the smacks cell in my back garden. As I am using the 6 plates which they are fully working. I have added some KOH into the water, but I am having trouble with the circuits to measure the amps using with each different multimeter I have got which it's the digital and the clamp multimeter. I cannot be able to draw any voltage or amps. I have tested the battery with each of those wires, as there are the multimeter wire and the other one that come with the crocodile clips. Each of them I did up the voltage as I have got 12.50v, so I know that both wires and the battery are still working....

Right listen here, what I find it very strange is when I connected the wires from the battery to the digital multimeter then to the smacks cell and back to the battery, usually I get it working straight away without have any problems, but this time I picked a very low voltage which it's 1.20V. I have tested the wire that connected from the battery to the smacks cell without using the multimeter, so I got it working straight away without have any problems. I know that none of the wires has failed, so it must be something else. Something is fails out there. I don't know what it is, as I find this very weird but very strange act of the way that it should normally working in order.

Any suggestions?

Are you saying that you are now sending 1.20 volts to the cell? If so then your problem is that you are not using enough voltage. If you have a 6 plate cell with 4 neutral plates then your optimum voltage is going to be around 11 volts. Take the voltage measurement between any two adjacent plates and it should be between 1.8 and 2.2 volts. Anything more than 2.2 volts and you are wasting power and producing heat.

Well yes, but I am trying to send the 12.50v to the multimeter from the battery. As I keep getting less voltage and no voltage. I have tried everything you could ask for to get it working in order, but I am still get no voltage as there is no bubbles. I don't understand what the real problem are coming from, taking the voltage measurement between any two adjacent plates won't make any difference. Something is wrong. As I had to given up for the day as it will takes hours to get it right, maybe impossible.

I had no problem in the past when I had send 12.50v to the battery which it was working as I had a lot of bubbles, but not for this time. I've got no voltage when I measured from the battery to the multimeter and then the cell. The last time I have checked as there was 1.20v to send to the multimeter from the battery. I had never have that problem in the past. I'd find it very strange today why it did happened for me for the first time.

Do anyone know why and what the main problem could be??

do anyone know what the problem is?

Im just going to guess because no one else has suggested it yet, but have you checked to see that your actual connectors attached to the cell are alright? I'm not sure how your wires are hooked up to your cell, but I know that I have had problems with clips and alligator hooks actually partially disconnecting with the wire thats inside of them, causing it to limit voltage./amps.

Yeah sure, I will have to take one tomorrow. As for measure the voltage and amps, what do you mean by "get a wire straight from the batt to the cell and use your clamp on meter on the pos wire"?

Do you mean to get the wire connect from the battery straight to the cell and use the positive wire of the multimeter on the negative of the cell??

If not then you would have to show me an example of what you meant to be.

However, I am bit worried over the short circuits as I cannot be able to measure the DC amps. Of course the wires are still working as I have tested with the battery.

Here's what my measurement looks like:

Battery positive post ---- clamp meter ---- hho positive plate strap
    Battery negative post ----------------- hho negative plate strap

Thanks for your quick response. Oh dude, I am using spacks cell for my experiment. I don't run them on a car, just experiment. So what's your recommend for me to measure the volts\amps??

is it something like this?

Edit: You have got the same clamp meter as I have got. It supports AC\DC current. So I cannot take the reading of amps on digital multimeter and it's same for clamp meter.

Any idea?

CAN ANYONE ****ING HELP ME PLZ??

I AM STILL HAVING TROUBLE OF MEASURE THE CURRENT IN AMPS. I HAVE TRIED TO MEASURE IN DIFFERENT WAYS, E.G:

AND

Battery positive post ------------------ hho positive plate strap
    Battery negative post -------clamp meter------ hho negative plate strap

I AM IN THE SAME BOAT.

24 HOURS VIA NO REPLY OR RESPONSE, YOU ALL ARE PATHETIC!!!!!

COME ON, AND HELP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris0147 View Post
    can anyone ****ing help me plz??

I am still having trouble of measure the current in amps. I have tried to measure in different ways, e.g:

battery negative post ----------------- hho negative plate strap

and

battery positive post ------------------ hho positive plate strap
    battery negative post -------clamp meter------ hho negative plate strap

i am in the same boat.

24 hours via no reply or response, you all are pathetic!!!!!

Come on, and help!!!!!
    we're pathetic ???????????????
    What's pathetic is people that ask questions, get good replies, then continue to ask the same questions because they can't figure out what anyone's talking about.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php