Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bubbler questions/ HELP!

Bubbler questions/ HELP!

Howdy!

I built and installed my first wet cell with one bubbler in a 1988 toyota pick up; 4 cylinder carburetor. I ran the outlet of the bubbler to the air intake hose two feet away from the air filter.

I used 4" pvc for the cell and 2" pvc for the bubbler. They are about 9 inches tall. My bubbler has a rubber plumbing cap that is not ait tight (I didn't tighten the metal strap down). I read somewhere that it acts as a blow off if there is a backflash.

The bubbler was 1/2 full and the cell was 80% full of water.

I drove it 52 miles to work, it reached 28 amps peak and then backed down to 26 amps continuously.After it fully cooled I checked on it (4 hours). The bubbler is empty.

Is that because the cap is not air tight and the water is escaping from that?
    I am concerned that water is going into my engine.

Have you check for any leaks??

If there's no leaks, then you must be burned a lot of fuel.

Check if your engine timing is correct.

The water cannot get into the engine if you are generated the hho cells and send them into the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by chris0147 View Post
    Have you check for any leaks??

If there's no leaks, then you must be burned a lot of fuel.

Check if your engine timing is correct.

The water cannot get into the engine if you are generated the hho cells and send them into the engine.
    I'm sorry, I do not understand your last sentence. Could you rephrase it please?

Thanks

There is no leak in the bubbler but I did find a very small leak in the cell. The cell water level is good though.

I added 7 oz's of water to fill the bubbler a little under half full. I wonder if running the cell to 26 amps for one hour is making the water very hot and evaporating it?????

BTW, the old truck gets 26 miles to the gallon with out the HHO.

I got home from work and the bubbler was nearly empty. the 1.15 hour drive the current was at 24 amps.

So I tested the LPM and figured I am getting .5 LPM. I noticed foaming and water coming out the hose during the test. I opened the cell to find it completely full.

So I reckon the cell is drawing the water from the bubbler when it cools.

Question:
    Will putting a check valve inbetween the bubbler and the cell fix this problem?

Yes if the check valve can take the rated temperature of your cell.

Ben, why not just post it here?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Very interesting, Ben. So, what you're referring to as Bubbler #1 is merely an empty chamber? Good idea, bucko. For an ex-Squid, you come up with some good ideas!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

this is a very easy problem to take care of. Your bubblier is empty because after the cell's water cool down the air temperature cool too and contract which sucks the water from the bubblier back into the cell. You can use a check valve and add an additional hole and install this check in a way that it only aloud the air to go towards the cell not away from it. So when the air cools down it will suck the air from this check valve instead of sucking it from the bubblier. Always use distill water in the bubblier so if it gets suck back into the cell there would be no problem.

i think putting a 1 way valve into your pipeline between cell and bubbler would be the simplest way to sort out the siphoning effect your getting..but a better idea would be to convert it into a dry cell system!!