Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wiring My dry cell

Lightbulb Wiring My dry cell

i currently have a 21 plate 4x6 Dry cell... i am using a +nnnn-nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+ setup. Most of the cells i ahve seen are opposite and use a -nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+nnnn- setup. I am wondering if i am doing anything wrong running my cell wile the positives on the outside, fairly new at this, Power source is a Deep cycle marine battery, using Crystal heat drain opener (40% NaOH) as an electrolyte until i can get some KoH.

Also, with the wiring setup i am using i get more production then the -nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+nnnn-

My production is approx 1LPM, Also not sure what i am doing wrong!

Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Thanks

It really should not matter whether you have negatives or positives on the outside, at least I have never noticed a difference. You still have the same amount of plate surfaces facing each other for a total of four cells. Unless I'm missing something here.

You'd be better off changing your configuration. 4 bipolar's per stack makes a steam machine. While you're waiting for the KOH to arrive, why not take it apart and make it 19 plates / 18 cells in 3 stacks (-NNNNN+NNNNN-NNNNN+)?
    When you get the KOH, make it a 28% mix. By running 5 bipolar plates per stack, it will draw less amperage, put out more gas/less steam, and run cooler.
    I personally run 6 bipolar's per stack. My new reactor is 6x9 with 14/2.
    That's (-NNNNNN+NNNNNN-). With a 28%KOH E/lyte (roughly 2lbs. per 3/4gal.),
    I'm getting 2.4LPN @ 26 amps. without steam with a 7.21MMW and only 0.24 current density (A/sq.in.).
    The plates (after an hour) stay at about 120F & the gas is 70F.

Lee
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Uh Oh

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    You'd be better off changing your configuration. 4 bipolar's per stack makes a steam machine. While you're waiting for the KOH to arrive, why not take it apart and make it 19 plates / 18 cells in 3 stacks (-NNNNN+NNNNN-NNNNN+)?
    When you get the KOH, make it a 28% mix. By running 5 bipolar plates per stack, it will draw less amperage, put out more gas/less steam, and run cooler.
    I personally run 6 bipolar's per stack. My new reactor is 6x9 with 14/2.
    That's (-NNNNNN+NNNNNN-). With a 28%KOH E/lyte (roughly 2lbs. per 3/4gal.),
    I'm getting 2.4LPN @ 26 amps. without steam with a 7.21MMW and only 0.24 current density (A/sq.in.).
    The plates (after an hour) stay at about 120F & the gas is 70F.

Lee
    Hey lee, i took my cell apart tonight and decided to try the (-NNNNN+NNNNN-NNNNN+) design.. when i hooked my cell up it made a few gas bubbles out the Water Input! hose.. Not sure whats going on, Fully charged battery

Any help appreciated!

The additional bipolar plates will require a higher concentration e/lyte mix
    to produce. Try adding more of your drain cleaner.
    When you get your KOH, be sure to totally clean the plates well with Acetone before changing over. Be sure to wear rubber gloves. Fingerprints on the plates can hamper production. Also, KOH burns like hell. Trust me, I know
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Well i added More e-lite and still only about half tyhe ammount of production as before.

Not sure whats wrong!

Question

Ok, so i went with a -NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+ design, the 5n design, and nothing puts out as much gas as my Old -nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+nnnn-, witch was doing about 1 LPM, My amp gauge says im pulling about 14-15 amps, Witch seems strange and with all the designs i still seem to have alot of steam.

Im pretty confused because alot of people claim to be able to do 3 LPM on a 21 plate cell, and i dont think KoH would add a whole 2 LPM? But im not sure, if someone could confirm on that

i Just want to figure out what i am doing wrong..
    My plates are from http://www.greenfuelh2o.com/product_p/pl4x6ss.htm,

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    You'd be better off changing your configuration. 4 bipolar's per stack makes a steam machine.
    Lee that's not exactly true. You've seen the my little
    21 plate -NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+NNNN- cell in action. it made 2 lpm at 11volts on a dying battery with very little steam ( I say very little because all cells make steam) You saw the vid. I'm expecting more at 13.5 volts

I think the fix is in the preparation of the plates.
    My cell plates were cross hatch and rotary sanded cleaned in an Ultrasonic cleaner at 40,000 Hz leaving them microscopically clean. The plates were sealed between high temperature 1/16" thick EPDM gaskets. They are held in place with Zinc plated bolts.

I am using a 28% KOH mix (2 lbs to 3/4 gal)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

steam machine with 4N? i have +nnnn-nnnn+ and my gas is pretty dry i can put into balloon and balloon will go up and there is almost no water inside the balloon. my plates are 6x6

You are better off with 5N's. It is more efficent.