Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To use de-jonised water instead of distilled

To use de-jonised water instead of distilled

Cant find distilled water in Sweden anymore! How abote to run my cell whit batteriwater (de-jonised water) ? will it faster turn the elektrolyte muddy faster?

I´m condition my cell whit de-jonised water right now @ 2,5-3amps and repeate every 30min and have replace water 4 times now and need to do it acouple of time more (use NaHo) have sanded the plates whit really fine papper (1200k) which ofcource turns it more muddy..

Plan to run longer periodes of condition soon, now when the worst mudd is gone 5-24h @ 2,5-3amps..

But what do you guys think abote using de-jonised water will it turn the water brown faster?

thanks!

De-jonised?? i think you mean de-ionized water.

Deionized water is much purer / better than distilled water. Distilled water varies in quality but averages around 50-100 PPM of Total Dissolved Solids. Deionized water averages around 2-5 PPM of TDS which is much better water.

Did you get a hold of the brake flasher EFIE guy?s
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Sorry my english is not so good

3rdbrakeflasher ??
    not heard a word from him in 1 mounth now!
    I have a order worth 1000$ wating..

Whis is from wiki:

"""Deionization
    Deionized water, also known as demineralized water[2] (DI water, DIW or de-ionized water), is water that has had its mineral ions removed, such as cations from sodium, calcium, iron, copper and anions such as chloride and bromide. Deionization is a physical process which uses specially-manufactured ion exchange resins which bind to and filter out the mineral salts from water. Because the majority of water impurities are dissolved salts, deionization produces a high purity water that is generally similar to distilled water, and this process is quick and without scale buildup. However, deionization does not significantly remove uncharged organic molecules, viruses or bacteria, except by incidental trapping in the resin. Specially made strong base anion resins can remove Gram-negative bacteria. Deionization can be done continuously and inexpensively using electrodeionization.

Deionization does not remove the hydroxide or hydronium ions from water. These are the products of the self-ionization of water to equilibrium and therefore are impossible to remove."""

Seems to be very efficitant to remove mineral ions.. but not the best to remove organic molecules, some claim that de-ionized water will make the electrolyte mix browner faster...

Can it be organic molecules that will cause that ?

Or there any more how use de-ionized water in there hho systems, how does that work for you?

also note that pure de-ionized water (whitout naho) will conduct small amount of current up to 2,5amp @ 13,8v.. I dont think distilled water do it.

So something in the de-ionzed water conduct current, i guess its small a mount of natrium that conduct..

Quote Originally Posted by jwhhopower1978 View Post
    also note that pure de-ionized water (whitout naho) will conduct small amount of current up to 2,5amp @ 13,8v.. I dont think distilled water do it.

So something in the de-ionzed water conduct current, i guess its small a mount of natrium that conduct..

No, the way you measure the effectiveness of your De ionizer is the measure the output water's conductivity. If your De ionizer is giving you conductive water, your resins are exhausted (bad). The best Deionized resins (being used correctly)give you water of 18 ms of conductivity. Water does not get any better than that.

Deionized resins do get used up VERY FAST (if your souce water it has chlorine in it or chormine or very dirty you can exhaust the DI almost instantly). So you should be prefilter your water going into your deionizer. At minimum with a good grade carbon.

I DI a lot of water in my business, so i run my water as follows.
    5.0 micron mechanical filter,
    0.2 micron mechanical filter
    0.5 micron Carbon block (quality, high capacity chlorine)
    Reverse osmosis
    De ion resin.

If you by a Aquarium Pharmaceutical Brand (Cheap) Deionizer you may get 1 or 2 hundred gallons out of it before it goes bad. That depends on the quality of the water you start with. But if you just use it for HHO & dont very let it dry out. it should be fine.

Here is the cheap de-ionizer i refferd to. It can give you prue water http://www.marinedepot.com/reverse-o...ticals-ap.html

FWIW, I believe a lot of the varing results when testing from different cells can be linked to water sources. Like when you see guys claim to run there cell on " just regular tap water". There is no such thing as "regular tap water". Arizona has cities that have water 100 times more conductive than other parts of the US.

Okey thanks !

So the batteriwater i buy from hardware store (de-ionized water) is more than okey to use in elektrolyzers ?

If i understand you right, my english is not so good

Quote Originally Posted by jwhhopower1978 View Post
    Okey thanks !

So the batteriwater i buy from hardware store (de-ionized water) is more than okey to use in elektrolyzers ?

If i understand you right, my english is not so good
    I know about deionized water.

I do not know about "battery water" sold as deionized water.
    If it is really is "deionized water" it can not conduct current
    If like you say, that "Battery Water " conducts current, it is not truly quality Deionized water.

Hey Roland,
    Which do you prefer, DI or Distilled?
    Lee
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    I know about deionized water.

I do not know about "battery water" sold as deionized water.
    If it is really is "deionized water" it can not conduct current
    If like you say, that "Battery Water " conducts current, it is not truly quality Deionized water.
    Label say de-ionzed water.. well, i did a water change and the previous batch of DI had some naho% in and then put in pure DI water, @ start the cell and it draw almost 2,5amp but drop after 30-45min to only 1 amp at the same voltage.

Maby had little naho rest in that influence current draw..

Thanks Roland for your knowledge in the subject!

I plan to show my system and results here in the forum, wating on the pwm system and defie just now