Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To use de-jonised water instead of distilled

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Hey Roland,
    Which do you prefer, DI or Distilled?
    Lee
    Really? Lee, i know my english is bad but Really LOL

DI, make it yourself, test it, and you know what you have. Store bought Distilled water has been tested, and found to be all over the place. 18 ms DI water is what Laboratory, Medical researchers, Nuclear power plants use. A normal "TDS meter" reading below 5- 0 PPM tell you you have VERY good water. A high (grade Com 100 )MS meter is for lab grade stuff.

But really i don't think it is that critical for most of us.

PS if you use the Aq Pharm DI be sure to run the water through it very slowly like 5-10 gal a hour. the slower the better
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Thanks Roland........Just lookin' for something else to experiment with.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Well if we have any other users from Sweden here, I can say for sure that de-ionazed batteriwater from gasstation here in Sweden has the lowest qualite of DI water !

hm.. have some washing and sanding to do.. 32plates x 2 :/

Hard to know thats in the can you bay.. high quality DI or distilled water is a must.

Do you guys belive that the "pors" in my plates opens up again when i re-start condition fase after washing and sanding my plates from all dirt?

Im sure someone has tested this before, but i have never heard if it makes much difference.

What effect on electrolysis would the different Ionized waters have. Like if the water is only possessed through the Anion or Cation resins. I know it would change the charge of the water but then when you add KOH does that negate the charge? http://www.total-water.com/deionized_home.html It mite be worth testing
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."