I have a friend already outfitted with solar and he asked me a question when examining my HHO setup:

"Given that your cells in your reactor like 2volts, and i would like something that ran real time, a lot, for as cheap as possible, would it make any sense to take some of my earlier home-made panels apart and wire them to 2-4v output, increase the amps, and split one of my large 650 amp hour 2v camp batteries from my bank, and then dedicate a 2-4v system to the HHO?"

We are thinking about revamping his ammonia / propane based deep freeze (permanantly) to HHO as a means to use solar. We are, so far, using the HHO flame striking a small piece of ceramic, which provides the heat for the heat exchanger, and so far just using a 12v system. Long term idea would be to build a large (quite) 2 plate, 1 cell reactor for this. I am thinking 4v solar output, 4 volt charge control circuit, 2v camp battery, and a 1.75-2v cell. It appears to work quite well at about 1l/min, but it's a bit early to tell, because it's pretty cold out, it's winter and the deep freeze is outside. His current cost is about $50/mo. for propane summer, and less in the winter.

That got me thinking. Any comments?