Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wet Cells and Current Leakage

Ok wait for the new guy to catch up. Concerning flow of charged particles and path of least resistance: I was seeing in my little head a magnetic field shape pushing and pulling our charged particles throughout our solution. Do we assume path of least resistance is liniar or account for the presence of the field shape altering the path? Also, is the viscosity of said solution such that we could use the flow of the stew to stirr the stew so as to presipate neucleation and thereby keep a higher percentage of plate surface area in direct contact with said stew?

There is more than one force involved here. One is the skin effect which effects unipolar plates much more then bipolar plates and another is how the plate is saturated. Also one has to consider the bubbles themself, because they can work as insulators, reducing surface area, and creating hot spots in the form of rings, if the bubbles have enough time to join together making a big bubble and plugging things up. Frequency of the power source is another thing that comes into play. This is just to name a few. There is more like port location, plate material, plate preparation, fields generated by the canton and anion movement and on and on. The answers are not all known yet. Fine tuning and research is on going.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Hey thanks that was perfect. I know old questions get tiresome but studying this reminds me of fishing. It's a big lake an one can waste alot of time catching the wrong fish untill we learn where the good stuff is. I have more questions with every answer I find and when I acheeve 1lpm/10amp l'll name the patent after you.

hold on a second there =D

Current leakage makes perfect sense to me.
    Electricity follows the path of lease resistance.
    so the edges of the hole in your cell will be where a lot of
    your current is drawn to. Instead of being distributed through the whole plate.

there for creating current leakage in the cell.
    fixing the problem could help or it may not. But all small things can
    make a difference. Question is does it help by having more surface area on the edges to produce more hho or do you get more production from even current being applied to the plate.