Thread: has anyone tried silver nitrate?

has anyone tried silver nitrate?

Silver nitrate is very conductive and water soluble.

Colloidal copper

Is "silver nitrate" like colloidal silver ? I have used colloidal silver & it works great. But it's kind of pricey. I am going to try colloidal copper.

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Is "silver nitrate" like colloidal silver ? I have used colloidal silver & it works great. But it's kind of pricey. I am going to try colloidal copper.
    Tried this like how? I own a colloidal generator so it is cheap for me to make. Are you consuming this yourself internally or since this is a HHO forum are you asking to try silver nitrate as a catalyst in your HHO generator? It is very easy to make one's own colloidal silver generator, there are several sites on the internet that shows how.

Quote Originally Posted by 3/325
    Silver nitrate is very conductive and water soluble.
    Silver nitrate is an insulator, but is soluble in water, and therefore will form a conductive solution. It is also not as conductive as many other readily available electrolytes. Silver nitrate is also the go-to to precipitate something since it's an unreactive metal with a highly reactive negative ion, so if you put silver nitrate in your tap water you'll probably for all sorts of nice insoluble silver compounds.

Colloidal silver is NOT the same as silver nitrate. It is in a suspension, called a collusion because there are particles of solid silver (which is insoluble) that are so small they are held in the water without precipitating. Such a solution is an insulator, since there are no dissociated ions.

I do not recommend using silver nitrate as an electrolyte.