Thread: Will HHO Cause Rust???

Will HHO Cause Rust???

I have read that running HHO will cause rust in the cylinders and exhaust and other areas. Is this true?? Has anyone run HHO for over 100K miles and broke down the engine??? Was there rust or I have also heard HHO gets rid of carbon deposits.

Wow I am confused. I want to run HHO on my cars but worried it will ruin my engine. Any help is appreciated.
    1997 GMC Savana 1500 5.7L (130,000 miles)

Normal Boosting 1 - 5 LPM of HHO will not cause rust in the engine. I know one guy with over 100.000k on a truck.

That said the electrolyte you use can oxidize components. So if any of your electrolyte can get into your engine than yes. How much will vary
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Quote Originally Posted by tcr1016 View Post
    I have read that running HHO will cause rust in the cylinders and exhaust and other areas. Is this true?? Has anyone run HHO for over 100K miles and broke down the engine??? Was there rust or I have also heard HHO gets rid of carbon deposits.

Wow I am confused. I want to run HHO on my cars but worried it will ruin my engine. Any help is appreciated.
    Doubtful you can provide enough oxy-hydrogen to cause rust buildup. Think of the components first. Is the engine using cast iron? Yes, maybe if you use a high output steam maker of a cell at high volumes > 5LPM.

Variables. It's all in the vars.

Oxidation that Roland mentioned is mostly concerned with materials such as aluminum as water itself will cause aluminum to build up a protective layer. Problem is that chemicals such as Potassium Hydroxide (KOH) and Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) - if allowed to enter the engine - will prevent that oxidation layer from forming on the aluminum and thus the natural chemical reaction of Al and H20 will continue to occur until the caustics are removed.

I hope Google picks this one up quickly - we should all remember the robots and their duties.