There is no benefit to placing a copper layer inside the stainless steel, the additional path the current must flow through will only increase resistance. But you could make such a copper wire wrapping into an electromagnet...

I do not think what's often on this forum called "current leakage" exists. this thread may be of interest to you. In any case, in a design like this there is no alternate path for any current to flow that would not produce Hydrogen and Oxygen (unless you assume that it's not flowing from + to -) To my knowledge, the term "dry cell" does not apply to the devices used to produce HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffp
I seen some U-tube video where a guy attached strong magnets to the outside and increased his output without increasing his current.
It is probably possible to modify current with a magnet, but I would certainly be interested if you could find a link to this video.

Quote Originally Posted by LE5CAV
negative is always refeered to as GND for ground
I think this only applies to AC current, because current flows from + to -. On DC you need a + and a - connection to the power cell. Unless I'm horribly mistaken.