Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new idea

There is no benefit to placing a copper layer inside the stainless steel, the additional path the current must flow through will only increase resistance. But you could make such a copper wire wrapping into an electromagnet...

I do not think what's often on this forum called "current leakage" exists. this thread may be of interest to you. In any case, in a design like this there is no alternate path for any current to flow that would not produce Hydrogen and Oxygen (unless you assume that it's not flowing from + to -) To my knowledge, the term "dry cell" does not apply to the devices used to produce HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffp
    I seen some U-tube video where a guy attached strong magnets to the outside and increased his output without increasing his current.
    It is probably possible to modify current with a magnet, but I would certainly be interested if you could find a link to this video.

Quote Originally Posted by LE5CAV
    negative is always refeered to as GND for ground
    I think this only applies to AC current, because current flows from + to -. On DC you need a + and a - connection to the power cell. Unless I'm horribly mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Saefroch View Post
    I think this only applies to AC current, because current flows from + to -. On DC you need a + and a - connection to the power cell. Unless I'm horribly mistaken.
    The GND for ground is because Im a Volkswagen Tech and all our Diagrams are in German

GND is ground, certainly. But in a DC circuit (which I think is what you're planning to use) ground has zero potential, unlike in an AC circuit where it is negative.

Are you planning to run AC or DC?

DC 13.8v I have no plans of trying ac till Ive got i good grasp on a simpler dc setup

Quote Originally Posted by Saefroch View Post
    There is no benefit to placing a copper layer inside the stainless steel, the additional path the current must flow through will only increase resistance. But you could make such a copper wire wrapping into an electromagnet...

the electromagnet idea is interresting though

That is true there is, what I call a dead zone or week zone right in the center of the plate but it is not as large as you think. The problem is, the alternatives, that I have seen that have tried to eliminate this problem have been very inefficient. Now if your system overcomes other problems and this, then it should be efficient. Theory is good but not necessarily what will really work. Build it and report. You have a big job in front you. It sounds that you are up to it. Go for it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Ahhhhhhh, the reason I was so skeptical of the copper wrapping is because I had your terminals backwards in my head. I thought you were putting a copper wrapping around the positive terminal in the center. My bad.

There is still not an equal path in all directions though. To get to the negative wire, the current must still flow through more copper to reach the negative terminal. You have offered the current a path with less resistance to travel through, though whether or not this will be any improvement over just the stainless steel I think has to wait for experimentation.

I agree with myoldyourgold. It certainly sounds like you're up to the challenge of building this, and I'm very interested in your results. I have no doubt you'll be able to make a highly effective HHO generator.