Thread: Problems with pressure and power supply

Problems with pressure and power supply

Hi guys,

I've recently build a HHO cell and today the PVC closing plates (6mm thick) crack. The gas produccion was high, because I could see the reservoir water level was dicreasing very fast, but the gas couldn't reach the outside of the cell, so how should I connect the reservoir, the bubbler and the cell? Now I've got the cell conneted to the reservoir from the bottom for watter refilling and from the top to let the gas out. Then the reservoir gas output is connected to the bubbler and the bubbler has another output that goes to a soldering torch.

My second problem is that my power supply, which is a PCU power supply, stops working when I connect the cell to 12V, but there's no problem if I use the 5V or 3.3V connectors. I think this is because I've used too much electrolyte, so the cell resistance is too low. I will use less electrolyte the next time, but I want to know your opinion first.

Hope you could help me!!

Thankss!

Yes start your system with minimal KOH in it. Then run it, slowly raise your KOH concentration to get your desired amp draw. Make sure it as hot as its going to get first.

Pressure is caused from resistance period. So any where you have small opening that would be restrictive to flow for your gas and electrolyte flow you will have pressure. Make sure the gas outlet is not obstructed. The crack looks like it may be due to over tightening the hose barb, or maybe it cracked when it was drilled and the added pressure may have finished the job
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

The equalizing holes are 0.5cm diam., but I think this is not the problem because I've tried if they worked well first, filling the cell with watter, and there was no problem.

The cell is configured in two staks like that: -NNNNN+NNNNN- that are separeted by another PVC plate. The bolts are isolated with heatshrink tubing and I've just tested that they're Ok.

I think the problem is because of the bubbler or the reservoir, because I'm not sure if the desing is Ok:

The inputs on the bubbler and reservoir go to the bottom of the containers.

Ok, so I will replace the closing plates with 1cm thick acrilyc ones, but what about the bubbler?

I'm building the cell for a school project, but I want to use it also for soldering, if it produces enough HHO.

What does ICE stand for? Sorry, but I'm not English and I've got some problems with acronym yet.

I decided not to use airstone because I tried blowing into one and I thought the gas would find too dificult to pass through, so the problem may probably come from a different way.

About what you say about the flashback arrestor, I think I don't need one because the soldering torch has already one built-in, but I will contact HHOCONNECTION if I have any problem with that.

This is my torch:

The one on the left is the one I may use. The other one is an attempt of a DIY soldering torch with a bronze wool flash back arrestor, but I couldn't find the bronze wool anywhere. TT