Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2001 Toyota Tundra 4.7L

2001 Toyota Tundra 4.7L

I,m wanting to get started. I'm an instrumentation tech at a chemical plant,
    so I should be able to build a generator. I haven't found many success stories with the 4.7L Toyota and EFIE seems to be a problem. If you have been there done that please share some of your experience please. I like to learn from other peoples mistake and get it right the first time.
    Thanks, Doug

Quote Originally Posted by 01 Tundra Man View Post
    so I should be able to build a generator. I haven't found many success stories with the 4.7L Toyota and EFIE seems to be a problem. If you have been there done that please share some of your experience please. I like to learn from other peoples mistake and get it right the first time.
    Thanks, Doug
    Then you've come to the right place to get started.

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by 01 Tundra Man View Post
    Thanks, Doug
    I'm in deep right now with a 2001 Toyota Highlander V6 3.0. I would guess that we have similar A/F sensor/ECU setups.
    I'm still trying to get the Volo to produce some results. I will keep you posted. It's looking more and more like I will have to run an EFIE and Map/Maf adjustment. I was hoping to avoid this.
    I'm getting great production with my dry cell and pulse width modulator at 15 amps. I bought the dry cell already assembled: 4 neutral plates when I should probably have 5. Also has 3/16" gaskets when 1/8" seems to be the favored thickness.
    Cell doesn't get more than slightly warm, so haven't added the extra neutral plates.
    Using KOH at low concentration.
    Will update you when I get it ironed out. It's been a long road. Best to learn from other's mistakes I've found...

The toyota's I've worked with are much newer, hence they have wide band O2 in front. If you have the wide band in the front, make sure you identify the "pump wire" not the signal wire to tap into. also, with the wide band you are adding "ma' to the "pump wire". Oh yeah, you can get good result with as little as 1 lpm, which means you can run a small cell and not use that much amps to get that. also, if you are traveling long distance, you mght want to re-think your configuration to +NNNNNN-, with 6 bipolar you use less amps and the cell will not get hot even without a PWM.

don't go too crazy trying to produce a lot of HHO for that 3 liter engine you don't need it.

While they did build a few Tundra's with the 4L V6, most have the 4.7L V8. Nice truck -- used to have one, wish I still did.
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    The toyota's I've worked with are much newer, hence they have wide band O2 in front. If you have the wide band in the front, make sure you identify the "pump wire" not the signal wire to tap into. also, with the wide band you are adding "ma' to the "pump wire". Oh yeah, you can get good result with as little as 1 lpm, which means you can run a small cell and not use that much amps to get that. also, if you are traveling long distance, you mght want to re-think your configuration to +NNNNNN-, with 6 bipolar you use less amps and the cell will not get hot even without a PWM.

don't go too crazy trying to produce a lot of HHO for that 3 liter engine you don't need it.
    hey, if its not too much for you, you think you can post a pic. on how you wired your wide band 02, maf/map ?. I don't understand the pump wire and ma wire.

thanks.

Just installed

This is my first post, generator, and install. I recently installed a generator I made on my 01' Toyota Tundra. I bought a HHO chip from voloperformance noticed a small increase in gas mileage about 2mpg. Was running at 12MPG now running at 14MPG. I built a generator using nickel plates "+nnnn-" and using RTV as the gasket material. Ran the power off the windshield wiper power line (because it was close and was only on when the car was started). I about 1-1.5 tablespoons of 100% lye in a 1/2 gallon of distilled water. I am producing about 2-3 LPM. Just finished the installation last night will give you an update next Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by rws85 View Post
    This is my first post, generator, and install. I recently installed a generator I made on my 01' Toyota Tundra. I bought a HHO chip from voloperformance noticed a small increase in gas mileage about 2mpg. Was running at 12MPG now running at 14MPG. I built a generator using nickel plates "+nnnn-" and using RTV as the gasket material. Ran the power off the windshield wiper power line (because it was close and was only on when the car was started). I about 1-1.5 tablespoons of 100% lye in a 1/2 gallon of distilled water. I am producing about 2-3 LPM. Just finished the installation last night will give you an update next Saturday.
    Before I even consider you production claim a reality, care to share your cell configuration, plate size and the amps it is drawing. Better yet a photo of the system or the cell.

I placed a video on youtube here is the link http://youtu.be/YkFwsqP7D3s
    the specs are in the info, but here they are.

6 - 6x6 Nickle plates, running 20 +/- amps, configured "+nnnn-", there are 3 - 5/16 holes drilled in the top of each plate and 2 - 5/16 holes drilled in the bottom of the plates the bottom is for the water to come in and the top is for the gas to leave.

I would post my results after a week but had to clean and repair the MAF and Throttle boddy Wednesday so I have no MPG figures yet.

So far the thing is producing and not leaking will give up dates as they come.

I have a 2001 Lexus rx300. I just finished installing the hho kit.
    --------------------
    2001 LEXUS RX300