Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best Cell Ive seen

Madjeff66 Guest

Wink The Best Cell Ive seen

I have been looking into HHO for about 2 months now. This in my opinion is the best cell design I've seen. It is a sealed cell, closed loop system. I can see adding a heater and pump to prevent freezing in winter. The end's of your plates and all electrical connections are external to the cell. And you can just add plates for different configurations. Here are a link to zero's you tube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uEHF8wGNcs&feature=user

dennis13030 Guest

Smile

I like it.

Awsome generator setup...and those plates they are using are huge! Very cool design..I just wonder how much of an issue it would be to take it apart for maintenance and cleaning without compromising the seals when put back together
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

Question

Quote Originally Posted by computerclinic View Post
    Awsome generator setup...and those plates they are using are huge! Very cool design..I just wonder how much of an issue it would be to take it apart for maintenance and cleaning without compromising the seals when put back together

For a $1,000 unit (guessing), perhaps extra seals?

That is why my new "BoyntonPot" design.

I have always liked tubes vs plates.

Cheaper and easier to build.

BoyntonStu

daveczrn Guest
    i do plan on building one of these types of cells as well. I'm guessing the solenoid is to just turn the generator on and off?

has anyone else built one of these on the site yet?

I would like to experiment with tubes, too...The only thing holding me from it is how to keep even spacing between them...I see lots of ideas out there on how to do this, but I havent gotten a really clear picture of spacing methods yet.

Tube design interests me because the bubbles will knock eachother loose as they flow upwards, eliminating bubbles from sticking around on the plates. Tubes look to be easier to work with compared to plates..It just boils down to spacing...
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

Question

Quote Originally Posted by computerclinic View Post
    I would like to experiment with tubes, too...The only thing holding me from it is how to keep even spacing between them...I see lots of ideas out there on how to do this, but I havent gotten a really clear picture of spacing methods yet.

Tube design interests me because the bubbles will knock eachother loose as they flow upwards, eliminating bubbles from sticking around on the plates. Tubes look to be easier to work with compared to plates..It just boils down to spacing...

To space tubes in my BoyntonPot I plan to use plastic spacers like the kind used by Zero and others.

SS cooking pot section tubes have appreciable thickness that resists deformation bending and should be able to take the pressure from tight spacers. Try pushing in the sides of your SS pot.

BoyntonStu

Madjeff66 Guest

Cool Maint about

Sid Young at( http://fireinthewater.com ) was the man that designed the system when he was with EBN. I will be getting mine from Sid. It is his baby. He also has some great HHO calculator spread sheets bottom of his home page.
    Scarecrow and ZeroFossilFuels are full of information. Kudos to them for all they have given us.
    There are some video's on you tube showing the cell being taken apart for reconfiguration. allot of maintenance will depend on what you use for electrolyte and Heat, amps etc.
    The nice thing this is it's a closed loop system. so you have the reservoir the pumps new electrolyte threw the cell and back to the reservoir. which means you can add a pump, filter. heat exchanger. heater(for stopping freezing in winter when not in use). I would Imagen the the flow of water through the cell wood knock any bubbles that stick to the plates on some sells
    I have seen closed loop systems with tubs, They have CCVC end caps with 2 circles cut within each other 1 set for each set of tubes. the plumbing for the inlet and HHO exhaust is configured in the end caps. The same concept as the Sid cell but there Top and bottom caps not end caps. Get to work tube builders!

The price is resonable! the cell is about about 300.00 depending on size. dont forget you can make it as big as you want.

Madjeff66 Guest

Cool Maint about

Sid Young at( http://fireinthewater.com ) was the man that designed the system when he was with EBN. I will be getting mine from Sid. It is his baby. He also has some great HHO calculator spread sheets bottom of his home page.
    Scarecrow and ZeroFossilFuels are full of information. Kudos to them for all they have given us.
    There are some video's on you tube showing the cell being taken apart for reconfiguration. allot of maintenance will depend on what you use for electrolyte and Heat, amps etc.
    The nice thing this is it's a closed loop system. so you have the reservoir the pumps new electrolyte threw the cell and back to the reservoir. which means you can add a pump, filter. heat exchanger. heater(for stopping freezing in winter when not in use). I would Imagen the the flow of water through the cell wood knock any bubbles that stick to the plates on some sells
    I have seen closed loop systems with tubs, They have CCVC end caps with 2 circles cut within each other 1 set for each set of tubes. the plumbing for the inlet and HHO exhaust is configured in the end caps. The same concept as the Sid cell but there Top and bottom caps not end caps. Get to work you tube builders!http://hhoforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

HomeGrown Guest
    I'm currently working on my tube cell. I had it built once, but decided to rebuild it because I got ahold of a 3" stainless steel tube for a housing. It previously fit inside a 4" PVC pipe, but I'm not wanting to use PVC at all. I've also modified my individual cells to have 3 electrodes instead of 2. My outer tube is 1.00", middle tube is .75", and the inside tube is .50". There is a .06 gap (1.5mm) between the tubes. I've devised a spacing method where the center tube holds the spacers for both the inner and outer tubes. I posted this pic on another thread, but here it is again, and shows the spacers both in-place in the center tube, and laying on the bench. The new cell will consist of 7 individual 3-tube cells. I originally tried to use the center tube as a neutral or unconnected, but I didn't like the results. When I hooked power up to all 3 though, WOW.
    Definately will need to look for some sort of voltage/current control for this thing. I really like the idea of tube design, as it minimizes current leakage. The positive charged tube is isolated from the rest of the water in the cell.