Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charged Water vapor?

Quote Originally Posted by oicu812 View Post
    Easy big fella... Didn't mean to rile anyone up. I noticed in a google search that comercial corona type ionizers warn of moisture in the air causing nitric acid which will damage the unit.
    Wow, I guess I have a rep now, maybe I shoulda put a smiley face after that request. Not riled- really. If you stumble upon the link again please post as I'd like to read it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Wow, I guess I have a rep now, maybe I shoulda put a smiley face after that request. Not riled- really. If you stumble upon the link again please post as I'd like to read it.
    You did have a smiley face.
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    You did have a smiley face.
    Oh yeah, so I did! Forgot about that one...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mine has always been before the HHO and have been using it for over 2 years and no problems at all. The way I am set up there is no room anywhere else. It is the first thing the incoming air passes. I have not seen any damage to painted surfaces in the route or air cleaner.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Sorry bout that... I guess I'm overly sensitive I'm very interested in your project and think its a fantastic idea! I truely think you guys are on to something here. I came to the conclusion awhile back that brute force electrolysis is simply to energy consuming. Heres a link to that nitric acid issue.
    http://www.ozoneapplications.com/info/cd_vs_uv.htm

Ozone Being created via Corona Discharge.

At the heart of a corona discharge ozone system is the dielectric. The electrical charge is diffused over this dielectric surface, creating an electrical field, or “corona”.

Critical to CD ozone systems is proper air preparation. The gas feeding the ozone generator must be very dry (minimum -80 degrees F), because the presence of moisture affects ozone production and leads to the formation of nitric acid. Nitric acid is very corrosive to critical internal parts of a CD ozone generator, which can cause premature failure and will significantly increase the frequency of maintenance. The chart below shows that relative ozone output decreases as moisture content increases.

oicu812,
    OK, just reading between the lines a little bit here, I think that verbage might possibly have been put in place to prepare prospective customers for the purchase of further enhancements- http://www.ozoneapplications.com/pro...ers/magnum.htm
    -for laboratory grade air quality. My (and I'm sure Carter's) units will be at the whims of nature and will on occasion be completely inundated with with water (rain) let alone "moisture"! Nitric acid be damned, if it is such a large problem exists in that area I can't help but wonder why we haven't heard more about ozone generators dissolving and crumbling to pieces, as nitric acid is one of the nastier ones... But thank you for posting the link.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I here you... I'm thinking the small amount of nitric acid might take years to degrade the plates.

I have a large unit running in a damp basement and its plates burn out every other year compared to one running in the dry attic which has lasted 10 years. I know there production goes way down when the air is moist. If you try and turn the production up they start sparking. In the car I have ducted the intake air to my device off the exhaust manifold. The air get warmed and dried at the same time. By the time it gets to the device it's just about right at least not to hot. Making the ozone is one thing but using it to get some gain is another. Everything turns off at idle automatically. The HHO residual is more than enough at idle. All put together you see some good gains.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I hope I'm not getting too far off topic but it seams corona discharge is getting kinda popular lately. Steam reforming is a fairly energy intensive process. Temperatures of 900 C are required Along with expensive nickle catalyst. Researchers are discovering that corona discharge ( cold plasma) is extreamly efficient at decomposing gas. by adding water vapor it actually makes the prosess more efficient by eliminating carbon buildup in the corona discharge reactor and increasing h2 production. It dosen't mention it in this article but From what I read diethyl ether produces amazing amounts of H2 with very little electrical energy. This artical mainly discusses methane. here's the link

http://www.energy-based.nrct.go.th/A...0discharge.pdf