Thread: HHO generator or kit <$200

HHO generator or kit <$200

Dear All,
    I have dilemma, which HHO product to choose. I need independent users ho could help me with choosing right product. I know that I can also build it myself but I first want to prove the idea and that way to build-up my skills. I am really not interested in the products more than $250, since in that case I'd rather buy LPG complete system and installation which costs $220 guaranteed.

So here is the products list I gathered so far:
    Complete kits:
    1. Vadaenergy www.vadaenergy.com, $200 6.5"-3",1,5 lpm@20 amps
    2. HydroClubUSA, www.hydroclubusa.com, $256, 6"-5", 2,25 lpm@30 amp
    3. HH2you, www.hh2you, $190, 11 plates, 3 lpm
    4. Ggooch, www.ggooch.com, $190, 9 plates, 4"X4", 1,5 lpm@25 amps
    5. Hydropower4cars, www.hydropower4cars.com, $190, 4"x4", 0.9 lpm
    6. LaBella's Auto Repair, in ebay, $165, 4" 1.5@25 amp
    7. Central Valley HHO, don't know the price/specs

HHO generator:
    1. Hydrogen Enthusiasts, www.hho-research.com.au, $200
    2. HHOZAP, www.hhozap.com, $200, 2-3 lpm
    3. Green fuel H20, www.greenfuelh2o.com, $185, 16 plates, 4"x6", 2 lpm
    4. Alternative-mpg (user), in ebay, $65, 4" 9 plates
    5. Hootershydrogenoutlet (user), in ebay, $190, 11 plates
    6. Tnhonestabe (user), in ebay, $125
    7. From c02cutter (user), don't know the price/specs
    8. Sid Cell, www.fireinthewater.com, don't know the price/specs

Some chinese HHO generators for $100
    Numerious other sellers in ebay/internet, obviously I can't list them all.

So, friends do you have any suggestion, any feedback, any other better option, or just plain any advice.

best,
    AL

First, it would depend on what vehicle you plan on installing the system on. Bigger the engine, bigger the unit has to be.

Secondly, IMO, you won't find a system for less than $250 that's worth a damn. They'll run hot, not produce enough hydrogen to accomplish anything, and they won't withstand the rigors of highway travel. My small cell, which produces 1-3 lpm continuous duty, cost $200 to build and I won't sell them for less than $400.

As for those propane assist kits, check and make sure the propane tank is included in that price. I looked at them about 10 years ago when I had a diesel truck, and you had to buy the tanks separately. And they had to be DOT approved tanks or the outlets won't fill them, and at that time they cost more than the kit.

Sorry if I sound negative -- it's not my intent

Steve
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

Cool Generator Selection

Hey, I am not sure about all of the different brands/types you listed and their production. I have however purchased 2 cells through PE dry cells on Ebay. I know, what a sucker...BUT, I have had [I]fairly[I] decent luck with the two. The first is one of the small 4" 11 plate cells, and I get about 1lpm at 13 volts/14 amps at 110*F. The second is a 6" 11 plate cell, and I get 2lpm at 13 volts/28 amps at 100*F. I am looking into purchasing a cell with possibly 21 plates, or maybe just a different brand. I hope this might help with at least your size selection? GOOD LUCK!

Also, if anybody here on this post has any input, as to if these results are good/bad/fair. Or any tips to get more out of my cells? Thanks. I'll be keeping up with this post to see if any brands stand out as far as REAL production/price.

If a cell produces at least 1 lpm (that's dry gas, after passing through an effective bubbler scrubber to remove all water vapor) for every 15 amps at average automobile voltage of 13.5 volts, it's a fairly efficient system.
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

Cell ?'s

Hey Astro,
    I have a few questions. Is 110 too hot? I have diluted my solution to bring it down to between 90-100* because i'm afraid of evaporation of the electrolyte. I have a bubbler, followed by a activated charcoal scrubber, and it works AMAZING as far as removing moisture/vapor. I've noticed that EVEN with a bubbler, there is still vapor coming out. This in theory contains water/KOH, isn't that destroying peoples engines? I worry about this, so thats why I created a scrubber, to filter out the vapor.

Thanks!

As far as, the cell running 100 degree, is ideal. A well built cell configured like this: -NNNNN+NNNNN- can run for hours and only reached 120 degrees at 17 amps. One safe method I use is have dual bubbler and mix the solution in it with white distilled vinegar, then run the HHO through a heat exchanger before it enters the intake. The air stone used in fish tanks are great breaking up the HHO into small bubbles going through the bubbler.