Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Electrolyte Vapor Filtration

Here is another media that can be used to filter and dry out HHO. Rice. I have to thank my wife for that one. She used it to keep salt dry in humid climates. This one seems easy enough to try. Get a pound or two of rice and stuff the outlet hose into the bag. And if it doesn't work you have fixins for dinner!

But, it won't aid combustion like myoldyourgold's mystery acid will.
    Red Rat

Here is another media that can be used to filter and dry out HHO. Rice. I have to thank my wife for that one. She used it to keep salt dry in humid climates. This one seems easy enough to try. Get a pound or two of rice and stuff the outlet hose into the bag. And if it doesn't work you have fixins for dinner!

But, it won't aid combustion like myoldyourgold's mystery acid will.
    Redrat100, we used rice in our saltshakers in a humid climate but to my knowledge it was just to help the salt from clumping and brake it up when shaking it. I doubt it will absorb any moisture. Try it and report.

I do not use an acid but an acidic substance. That means it has to be 7 or below on the scale. For example there are a number of oils that are acidic enough to bringing the HHO down to close to neutral or at least so there is no damage to aluminum parts. Now I am not saying it is an oil but that is an example of something that will burn and can be acidic. The only reason it is a mystery is it is still under testing and because it is flammable, just not any Tom, Dick or Harry should be playing with it, without the proper safety devices. I know from experience!! LOL
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Ok so adding al dust or acid to a bubbler will not reduce electrolyte vapors from eating the throttle body/butterfly.

What is a recommended design for a mechanical dehumidifier?
    Scotch Brite in a "bubbler tube"?
    What would Jimmy Carter do?

Quote Originally Posted by MtnGoatXJ View Post
    Ok so adding al dust or acid to a bubbler will not reduce electrolyte vapors from eating the throttle body/butterfly.

What is a recommended design for a mechanical dehumidifier?
    Scotch Brite in a "bubbler tube"?
    Maybe something like this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Look that ....

There you go- the high dollar version..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would like to put this myth to rest as well, but I need time to get my things together so I can finally publish the design for my "waterless bubble". It is capable of capturing the steam, moisture and solution residue from the HHO before it enters your intake, about 150ml for every 2k mile or so. Several clients have tested it, every oil change the solution is drain from the unit, or you can do it weekly. And if you drive short distance it can take months before you even have to drain was collected. the design is simple the material you can get at local store.

I need something fast, as my generation contains too much steam, I am currently using a bubbler fed from the bottom and the outlet on the top to my intake,I had a refrigeration steel filter after, but removed it. Harbor freight has cheap solutions even disposable 3/8 dissecant filters:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/disposa...ter-68224.html

It would be interesting filling a bubbler with some kin of naftalenic oil to neutralize the KOH as his oil is acidic:
    Lubrication, Volume 7, Issues 10-12 By Texas Company, Texaco, inc

Rice Works

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Redrat100, we used rice in our saltshakers in a humid climate but to my knowledge it was just to help the salt from clumping and brake it up when shaking it. I doubt it will absorb any moisture. Try it and report.
    Believe it or not, but rice works just fine. I ran some experiments with different absorption materials a while ago but am just now getting around to posting the results. Here is what I did. A dry cell producing 2 lpm HHO. Ambient temperature was 60.4 F. First, I ran the cell unfiltered into a plastic bag for a baseline. HHO temperature was 70.4 F. A lot of steam condensed inside the bag and litmus paper indicated a PH of about 9.5 coming out of the hose. Second, I filled a 1.5 qt container with white rice and connected the HHO hose to the bottom of the container. An output hose from the top of the container was run into a clean bag. After a 15 minute run only very slight condensation was seen inside the bag. The PH was about 7 telling me that the moisture was absorbed by the rice. After several runs the rice became sticky at the bottom of the container, the top was still dry. Third, I used kitty liter (unscented) in the 1.5 qt container. I got the same results as with the rice, very slight condensation in the bag and a PH of 7. After a while the kitty litter clay at the bottom got sticky but the top was dry. Fourth, I used silica gel, the kind that turns pink when saturated. Same results, very slight condensation in the bag and a PH of 7. After about an hour the silica at the bottom around the hose inlet was pink but the top was still blue.

My conclusion is that silica gel is the best for absorbing moisture from HHO gas. It does not get mushy like rice or clay and it turns color to let you know it is saturated. While it does not neutralize the basic solution carried by the water vapor, it does absorb the moisture from the gas stream thereby eliminating the caustic effects of the moisture. Also, I would still use a small bubbler as a flashback arrestor down stream of the dessicant container since this container will be filled with combustible gas.
    Red Rat