Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Electrolyte Vapor Filtration

Good information Red Rat. Thanks for the post. I guess even though humidity was near or 100% in the salt shaker the rice was less absorbent than the salt so never got soft. I have soaked good aged basmathi rice over night and it still does not go to mush. Other sticky rices might act different like jasmine. There are many varieties of rice and they will react differently. Shorter fat varieties will absorb more moisture I suspect. What type or rice did you test? You didn't mention the length of time it took for the rice to get soft which would interest me. It also might make a difference based on the age and type of rice. I am just curious if the PH is above 7 does rice absorb moisture faster or even more and if rice has any PH reducing quality about it. It didn't seam to in your test. I will test some in water to see how long it actually takes fully immersed in water at different PH levels using alkaline water without the use of electrolyte though. Excellent information that silica gel is the best of what you tested and something Bio is testing too. I wonder if you can add some boric acid to the silica? Great information thanks again.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I used plain white rice, not sure of the variety. I just swiped it from the pantry and P/Oed the wife. Messed up her dinner plans that week. Each test was for about an hour of run time, on and off. I did use the word "mushy" but that is not really an accurate description. The rice and kitty litter clay was just sticky to the touch, sort of like very under cooked rice. After it had cooled, the sticky parts clumped together and dried out some and stuck to the bottom of my 1.5 qt container. To become mushy as I said it would need to be immersed in water for some time. It was nowhere near that much saturation.

If it's one thing I like about this forum is that it is a good peer review arena. Thanks for asking for the clarification.
    Red Rat

I was sort of laying low to see if there was going to be any follow up on this--- I'm glad there was. I have had the rice idea in the back of my head for a couple of years now, but didn't really want to say anything on the forum about it if it didn't work out- in which case everyone who thinks I'm crazy would then be very sure. Whew! THANKS REDRAT!!
    Since I already have the color change desiccant crystals set up and ready to go, I'm gonna stick with them for the first round, but you can not argue with the cost effectiveness of rice. Look out Uncle Ben! (No Chief, not you).

Carter- Thank you for the link to that little O3 generator- it looks like the size and output level that I have been looking for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

can running the HHO through a cold water scrubbler also reduce the vapor?

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_efficient View Post
    can running the HHO through a cold water scrubbler also reduce the vapor?
    Good question. The scrubber removes electrolyte carried by vapor but the bubbling thru the scrubbers create its own vapor.
    So any bubbler that has water contained within will add vapor to the mix.

maybe i'm over simple???

how about plumbing the hydroxy into the air cleaner box and letting the paper cleaning element dry the gas?

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    how about plumbing the hydroxy into the air cleaner box and letting the paper cleaning element dry the gas?
    That actually works pretty well, but you do have to keep an eye on the filter element though because the KOH is a little harsh on it after a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

element change

element for me gets changed every six months... i live by the sea..... salt air wrecks paper elements.
    hows the beast coming bio? any more news.
    i had about 1lpm at around 10A on battery test..... i gotta save up for a power supply. but as soon as i can test for more than a 20 mins or so, i'll be hooking mine into the van. dreading it a way..... loads of electronics on the thing and it already does 42 to the gallon so i don't know if i'll see much difference on consumption.... only time will tell..

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon_R View Post
    Good question. The scrubber removes electrolyte carried by vapor but the bubbling thru the scrubbers create its own vapor.
    So any bubbler that has water contained within will add vapor to the mix.
    i guess running it through a series of cold water bubblers(not scrubblers) could reduce the vapor.

Richard, if you just blow plain air through water it picks up moisture. HHO will do the same. It will clean out any escaping electrolyte but adds some moisture. To remove moisture some kind of filter or moisture absorbing product is needed after the bubbler. Clean moisture is not necessarily a problem. Dry HHO is more powerful but the burn rate might be to fast unless the timing is correct. There is a proper balance necessary between flame speed and timing. Moisture might slow things down.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .