Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Electrolyte Vapor Filtration

condenser

how about..... and i said this long ago (and got told off for making things to hot) running final output through a condenser unit something like is used on tumble driers. flat plates with the hho passing over them one way and cool air from the rad/fan unit (or computer fan to make a sealed unit) running over the plates on the other side. the vapour would condense and leave only the gas flowing to the intake plenum. if a heat exchanger from a tumble drier was used, it's stainless, so any electrolyte in the vapour would'nt harm it and could be routed back to the reservoir.
    i've just installed a heat recovery system in my house, takes moist warm stale air out and passes it over a heat exchanger with external air running back into the house and heating via the exchanger, the efficiency is around 87%, so i know this kind of condenser tech works.

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Richard, if you just blow plain air through water it picks up moisture. HHO will do the same. It will clean out any escaping electrolyte but adds some moisture. To remove moisture some kind of filter or moisture absorbing product is needed after the bubbler. Clean moisture is not necessarily a problem. Dry HHO is more powerful but the burn rate might be to fast unless the timing is correct. There is a proper balance necessary between flame speed and timing. Moisture might slow things down.
    very good input, Thanks. as always you always give me logic to look at. when i use HHO on a VVT, VVTi or CVVT engine, i never have much problem with timing so i think working with any engine that has VVT, VVTi or CVVT or its way or version of whatever VVT. so as for the vapor it seem we should run the HHO through a coil of brass tube with a heat exchange from the exhaust manifold, the heat will dry the vapor out.

tell me what you guys think

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_efficient View Post
    so as for the vapor it seem we should run the HHO through a coil of brass tube with a heat exchange from the exhaust manifold, the heat will dry the vapor out.
    Richard,
    Have you tried a heat exchanger of any type yet? It seems to make sense.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_efficient View Post
    very good input, Thanks. as always you always give me logic to look at. when i use HHO on a VVT, VVTi or CVVT engine, i never have much problem with timing so i think working with any engine that has VVT, VVTi or CVVT or its way or version of whatever VVT. so as for the vapor it seem we should run the HHO through a coil of brass tube with a heat exchange from the exhaust manifold, the heat will dry the vapor out.

Well, that handles half the problem- the extra heat doesn't really dry it out (as anyone that has ever lived on a tropical island knows ) but it does really raise its dew point so that condensing the moisture out of the gas can be accomplished at a much higher temperature, maybe even without the aid of supplemental (refrigerant) cooling. Perhaps something like the HHO output to a copper coil wrapped around an exhaust manifold (loosely) then routed forward to another coil in front of the radiator. The radiator coil could have a "T" at the low point of the last coil with an airtight removable condensate catch bottle..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no no no!

no no no..... COOL the coil or plate exchanger , this will cause the vapour to condense out of the gas and can then be returned to the reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Well, that handles half the problem- the extra heat doesn't really dry it out (as anyone that has ever lived on a tropical island knows ) but it does really raise its dew point so that condensing the moisture out of the gas can be accomplished at a much higher temperature, maybe even without the aid of supplemental (refrigerant) cooling. Perhaps something like the HHO output to a copper coil wrapped around an exhaust manifold (loosely) then routed forward to another coil in front of the radiator. The radiator coil could have a "T" at the low point of the last coil with an airtight removable condensate catch bottle..
    oh i see where you are going with that, to catch the vapor extract or drip off but still in a vacuum so to speak. im in the process of building the heat exchange coil now. heat it then cool it before intake even thou its not efficient i was thinking of using a Peltier cooler to cool the cold side of the HHO treatment system.

so exhaust use to heat the hot side and Peltier cooler use to cool the cold side. what you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by PRAGMATIC View Post
    Also your advice on a EFIE for the Suburban.
    Your input will be greatly appreciated.
    i have don't the 5.7L Suburban, its best to use a AFC to tune it because if the 4 O2 sensors. the Suburbans are made with alot of sensors and its tough getting pass them with even the AFC if you don't know what you are doing. don't even waste your time with Other EFIEs, just use a SAFC2 or a VAFC2 and save yourself the trouble trust me.

i used a VAFC1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SvyFREXNAw

anyone listening?

just tried it... put hho generator output through an old tumble drier plate exchanger and put that in front of the radiator intake and "loads" (technical term for unmeasured amount) of condensate came back. don't get the heat it up first idea though?!