Thread: Pump injection of HHO?

Pump injection of HHO?

I have a 2.5l Turbo diesel with no electronics. I have been told to feed HHO before Turbo but don't agree as I have a aluminum intercooler & believe that the HHO would leak & dissipate too much before reaching the inlets.

Has anyone tried using a pump to inject HHO on demand systems on Turbos?

My idea is to use a water injection pump or a pump sufficient to pump HHO to the inlets while not pressurizing the HHO system yet pumping at a pressure to the inlets to counter & over come back pressure from the Turbo pressure????

Your thoughts!

Hey Noob,
    Don't know who you listened to about "dissipation", but that B.S. has been around a while... Try to ignore it, OK? Vent your gas into the filter box and forget about it. If you're paranoid about KOH mist then rubber band 3 coffee filters over the end of the fitting where it enters the air box. A proper set-up (reactor(s) & bubbler(s) ) won't emit overly wet gas anyway. Good to hear about another diesel set up. -G
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Im not worried about moisture or anything like that.
    Does hydrogen have an adverse affect on alluminiun?

Quote Originally Posted by hhonewbie View Post
    I cant see how there would be a adverse affect on aluminum I mean just think about it. The pistons on all motors are aluminum, heads are aluminum on most if not all new cars and the throttle bodies are aluminum and most newer engine blocks!
    Im sure I could go on and on.

Aahh, I see where you're going with this.. OK, hydrogen embrittlement can be a problem in metals when there are high concentrations of hydrogen under pressure, because the H molecule is so small it can slowly work its way between the metal's molecules.. Totally not a concern to sweat in our applications with like 17-20 psi boost and less than 1% hydrogen in the intake mix. Clean moisture's obviously not a problem, but KOH laden moisture on aluminum is, and that's what I had initially thought that you were referring to...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

one of the expriment every newbie and I am sure most of the mentors have donw. Is conduct their own experience to share is:

Take a piece of metal (aluminum) similar to what your intake or turbo blades are made of and submerged it in the same mixture. the same concentration as what it being used in your cell. If aluminum is submerdge, you will find in due time it will be gone because KOH will eat it up (producing hydrogen from it). Even if you spray a light mist to the surface, simulating it passing to your throttle plate. It wil attached itself to the surface and you'll end up with the same result from being submerged, at a longer period.

The same result from NaOH, it will happen much faster if your mixture is 28%. Hence why we stress having a well built bubbler (scrubber) to purify the HHO before it enters the turbo area and the intake.