Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ? on thermolysis of steam and plasma

so the idea is that once running it may produce enough HHO to take over the inert gas side of the plasma (i.e. run its self and not need a tank of gas) and produce a significant excess of HHO. Which isn't far fetched when considering the temp of plasma compare to the temp needed to consistantly break down the water vapor/steam.

that with a 1500watt usage...you look at the numbers and it really looks good.

oh forgot: before the plasma cutter their was the Atomic Hydrogen Torch/welder. basically an electric arc with hydrogen blown across it. They also used hydrogen and oxygen which worked awsome as well. I think they still use this for under water welding....(not much info out there on atomic hydrogen)

We have gone from making gobar gas to making diamonds and that is something in one thread on thermolysis of steam and plasma. I am enjoying it though. I am out of my league when comes to thermolysis of steam and plasma but only because of the lack of $$ and I guess a few missing gray cells. LOL. Interesting stuff though.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    We have gone from making gobar gas to making diamonds and that is something in one thread on thermolysis of steam and plasma. I am enjoying it though. I am out of my league when comes to thermolysis of steam and plasma but only because of the lack of $$ and I guess a few missing gray cells. LOL. Interesting stuff though.
    all you need is a microwave and hydrogen and oxygen. So where is some one on a HHO forum gonna get those gases for cheap??? i was talking about a plasma cutter only for ease of experimentingplasma is very dangerous, don't try anythong i am talking about

so if you took your HHO torch and blew it across your arc welders spark you would have a atomic hydrogen torch

and if you took the magnatron out of a microwave and blew your HHO torch threw the field you would also have plasma

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
    so if you took your HHO torch and blew it across your arc welders spark you would have a atomic hydrogen torch

and if you took the magnatron out of a microwave and blew your HHO torch threw the field you would also have plasma
    Ok I see what you mean. Intresting I also have built torches and have done a little playing around with plasma. Using ignition coils capaciters and a ton of high voltage diodes I have exploded water mist in plasma. It was really cool and scared the $hit out of the dog but was'nt really practable. This magnatron idea has my intrest Like you said before passing water vapor from a ultrasonic humidifier through the field might work. I see now how the power consumsion wouldn't be that terrible, ( 1500 watts is not too bad)

their is a lot of info on microwaves. Just remember that the metal case incorperrated with the substance used for the window makes a type of circuit. I think that circuit is necessery for excess power absorbtion.

i also read about what is called a dummy load. which is a device you can put into a microwave and it will make it to where you can put metal in the microwave without all the sparking.

to anyone really interested in making diamonds.. yes you can make a plasma reactor out of a house hold microwave. BUT it is hard to make a clear perfect diamond. it takes the exact perfect amount of gases and (low)pressure in the reactor. which you need very expensive flow meters to control. you may be able to make diamond by winging the amounts, but youll probly end up with a poop colored diamond.

I think you have a great doable idea.

The theory With the GEET reactor is the same as you discrib. acheiving plasma adding steam... The problem with the GEET is they rarely ever reaches plasma state (i mean Extremely rarely). But the few time that has been said to have reach it. Yeah Lots of HHO with fantastic results. Most of the time just the Geet a good fuel vaporizer...
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    I think you have a great doable idea.

The theory With the GEET reactor is the same as you discrib. acheiving plasma adding steam... The problem with the GEET is they rarely ever reaches plasma state (i mean Extremely rarely). But the few time that has been said to have reach it. Yeah Lots of HHO with fantastic results. Most of the time just the Geet a good fuel vaporizer...
    yes i came to the same conclusion (Fuel Vaporizer). but add a real plasma source and there ya go....it is enough heat to keep up with disassociating high volumes of water vapor which would run a combustion engine completely.

BP SUCKS

THIS IS IT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz59hw_E7q0
    they are already doing it, but not with water. they say they reach 5500C. ... but i am basically talking about doing this on a smaller scale and using water instead of coal and trash. syngas burns dirty, hydrogen burns clean. what i have read says i could reach a higher temp. With a household microwave and hydrogen you should be able to reach over 10000C. You don't need a plasma ball as big as a couch .