well i've made the first step towards having a fully working hho reactor. i bought enough titanium to make all the cathodes. i decided to go this route for the cathode as i found enough of it for cheep. ended up costing me a bit less than 2 bucks per 4" x 6" plate shipped.

now i'm trying to figure out what to use as an anode. titanium won't work for the anode as oxygen collects on the anode and oxidizes the titanium which ceases the electrolysis process.

nurdrage has a good vid showing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZDRzMGa6c

i would love to use nickel but i have yet to find a source that sells nickel at prices i can afford. cheapest i have found is the shim stock that was suggested earlier in the thread, but i can't find it any thicker than .010". i'm not comfortable using anything less that .020". my ideal thickness would be .025"

does anyone have a link to somewhere selling nickel shim stock thicker than .010"?

if i can't find nickel i may purchase some grafoil gtx (chemically resistant pure flexible graphite foil) and try it. i've seen where folks have tried to make hho reactors out of graphite with some success so i'm willing to give it a try. i really don't want to use 316l stainless steel so i'm going to try everything i can to avoid it.