Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New To HHO. Got Questions About Plate Material and Electrolytes

Bio and Charlie, do you mind if I poke my nose in hear. Ok I did not hear an answer so I guess its OK. LOL

For your Miata I would be more concerned on how I was going to make any improvement in mileage. The suggested reactor is without fail an efficient reactor but how are you going to take advantage of the HHO is in my humble opinion much more complicated and important. A simple Smack booster might do just as good. LOL I can't believe I said that. Please guys forgive me. I will not do it again. It is true though. I wouldn't suggest that reactor but you get the point. To see an increase you will not need to much HHO if things are done right. I would recommend you spend your hard earned money on a cheaper reactor and more money on the learning and executing what you have learned on how to use the HHO for your particular car. OK I got it off my chest.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Bio and Charlie, do you mind if I poke my nose in hear. Ok I did not hear an answer so I guess its OK. LOL

For your Miata I would be more concerned on how I was going to make any improvement in mileage. The suggested reactor is without fail an efficient reactor but how are you going to take advantage of the HHO is in my humble opinion much more complicated and important. A simple Smack booster might do just as good. LOL I can't believe I said that. Please guys forgive me. I will not do it again. It is true though. I wouldn't suggest that reactor but you get the point. To see an increase you will not need to much HHO if things are done right. I would recommend you spend your hard earned money on a cheaper reactor and more money on the learning and executing what you have learned on how to use the HHO for your particular car. OK I got it off my chest.
    i could do that but you see i'm a hotrodder at heart. it's not just about how much mpg i can gain from the unit, but how much power i get out of it. you see i'm wanting something scalable since stage two of our build is going to ential a v8 transplant that we will want to use the reactor in. so i figure i'll buld it right the first time and get the bugs worked out of it on the little 1.6 that's in there now and then when we drop the v8 in there it will be a simple job to boost production for the 5 - 6 liter motor that will be taking the place of the tiny 1.6

besides if i built one that was just adequate i'd have to keep fighting the urge to build one that is bigger and better. you're right though i could get by with a much simpler system... and if i was just trying to save a few buck at the pump i'd be doing it as cheep as possible. but this is more of an endeavor to building the best damn reactor i can fit in to that tiny ass car.
    hang loose,

charlie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i could do that but you see i'm a hotrodder at heart. it's not just about how much mpg i can gain from the unit, but how much power i get out of it. you see i'm wanting something scalable since stage two of our build is going to ential a v8 transplant that we will want to use the reactor in. so i figure i'll buld it right the first time and get the bugs worked out of it on the little 1.6 that's in there now and then when we drop the v8 in there it will be a simple job to boost production for the 5 - 6 liter motor that will be taking the place of the tiny 1.6

besides if i built one that was just adequate i'd have to keep fighting the urge to build one that is bigger and better. you're right though i could get by with a much simpler system... and if i was just trying to save a few buck at the pump i'd be doing it as cheep as possible. but this is more of an endeavor to building the best damn reactor i can fit in to that tiny ass car.
    Great got it. Then Bio has pointed you in the right direction. There are a number of cutting edge things going on that are being tested as I am writing this. You are going to need to build a reactor that produces 4 LPM or more at the upper end with not more than 50 amps unless you are dealing with a diesel. Controlling the ECM to give you the results you need is going to be the trick. Injecting large volumes of HHO comes with a number of real problems that tend to rob you of HP and economy and may cause damage over time. There is a point of diminishing returns. Keep us informed and I am sure there is lots of help available.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Great got it. Then Bio has pointed you in the right direction. There are a number of cutting edge things going on that are being tested as I am writing this. You are going to need to build a reactor that produces 4 LPM or more at the upper end with not more than 50 amps unless you are dealing with a diesel. Controlling the ECM to give you the results you need is going to be the trick. Injecting large volumes of HHO comes with a number of real problems that tend to rob you of HP and economy and may cause damage over time. There is a point of diminishing returns. Keep us informed and I am sure there is lots of help available.
    we're going to be running a custom ecu with the v8 swap so we'll be able to tune the motor to take in account the add hho. i think the biggest problem we are going to have once we get to that level is detonation. i think hho might cause to have to run to lean at higher power applications with to quick a burn. we are wanting to put down 400 rwhp with some where north of a 10:1 compression ratio. so detonation is going to be a real issue if we dump to much hho. however we really wont know anything until we get it on the dyno and actually put some runs on it. until then it's all speculation
    hang loose,

charlie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charlie,
    You're insane... However I'm willing to help you as much as I can provided you photo document everything! I try to keep it on the down low, but I'm a closet horsepower freak myself. I just looked at photos- Miata's have trunks.
    Build a good sized unit and put it in there to even out the nose heavy condition imposed by putting A FREAKIN' V8 in it. Also aquire a high output alternator, because you're building a test bed vehicle and you'll want the extra amps to run a high output e-lyzer and the water pump for your water injection system to handle detonation. Turbo? Glad to hear you're going with a custom ecu, that will make things a lot more straight forward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Charlie,
    You're insane...
    i'll take that as a compliment. actually the car won't be very nose heavy with the v8 swap. mazda built one hell of a little car with the miata. weight distribution is 50/50 in stock form. 52/48 with a v8. plenty of guys have already made the v8 swap so there's nothing new there. v8 guys are getting better than stock gas mileage too. up around 32mpg stock is 28mpg. more power better fuel ecomeny what's not to like. we're shooting for the first 400hp 40mpg car ever. 40mpg may not be attainable but we're sure as hell going to try for it.

we're going to try to keep the generator out of the trunk if possible as the trunk is for.. well putting stuff in. and there's not much trunk to start with. there is a nice area under the trunk we could use for it. but we were thinking about putting an extra 8gallon fuel cell there. for now the unit will be mounted under the front bumper cover. we may need to add a secondary unit once we go v8 but that's still a ways off. for now we're still working with the stock 1.6l
    hang loose,

charlie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charlie, which V8 are you planning on transplanting?

A simple Smack booster might do just as good. LOL I can't believe I said that. Please guys forgive me. I will not do it again.
    CARTER!!!!! How dare you mention the ASSHAT. Are you trying to kill whatever credibility you have??????????????? You could be shot for such things!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Charlie, which V8 are you planning on transplanting?
    still up in the air. either old school pushrod 5.0L if budget dictates it so. more than likely ls1 or ls3. (vette camaro motors) or if i can make it fit, the new 5.0L tivct coyote motor out of the new mustang but i'm pretty sure that's going to require a tube chasis front end as the motor is too wide for the stock shock towers.

if i really had my pick of any motor to use it would be the new twin turbo v6 ford is putting in the new f-150's can you say 400lbs/ft of tq at 1500 rpm???!!! and it get hella good fuel economy to boot, it's also a much lighter motor as well. it's just to bad that you can't buy it. you have to buy a whole pick up truck just to get it and i have no use for the rest of the truck..
    hang loose,

charlie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CARTER!!!!! How dare you mention the ASSHAT. Are you trying to kill whatever credibility you have??????????????? You could be shot for such things!
    Gee Lee I asked for forgiveness and promised never to mention it again. You want more well I ain't got more just Sorry should have known better. LOL

if i really had my pick of any motor to use it would be the new twin turbo v6 ford is putting in the new f-150's can you say 400lbs/ft of tq at 1500 rpm???!!!
    Charlie Now your talking. That's my truck of choice and motor. I'll take the truck but with the engine. LOL.