Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ultra efficient

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_efficient View Post
    i will get a clamp around amp meter soon and make a test video but im not looking for anything from anybody, just here to share. i don't care about shows and what not
    Richard, As I have found out a clamp meter is not all that accurate. If you want real numbers to back your claims then a lab grade shunt and a good multimeter is the only way to be completely accurate. At the numbers you are claiming you need to be 100% accurate.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

really? i have a 75amp shunt and a 100amp meter but always think the shunt test was leaking a little current so i was thinking about getting a clamp around amp meter im going to make a short 0.5awg cable to connect to my shunt and connect that to my cell and do a test after the hho games. im going in the morning so sunday ill setup my shunt and amp meter and test bottle and do a test. thanks for the heads up on the shunt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_efficient View Post
    really? i have a 75amp shunt and a 100amp meter but always think the shunt test was leaking a little current so i was thinking about getting a clamp around amp meter im going to make a short 0.5awg cable to connect to my shunt and connect that to my cell and do a test after the hho games. im going in the morning so sunday ill setup my shunt and amp meter and test bottle and do a test. thanks for the heads up on the shunt!!!

Richard I answered your PM before I looked at this post. You will not get accurate readings from that meter with that shunt unless they were sold as a set which I doubt because the shunt os 75 amp and the meter is 100. When they are sold as a set the shunt is usually attached to the back of the meter and will be a solid copper bar with connection points on each side. Forget the meter and place the shunt inline on the positive lead to the cell.

Before you do that you first need to know how the shunt reads. They all are read using the milivolt scale on a multimeter. The easy ones are 1 to 1. One milivolt equals one amp. Many do not read that way. The ones I have one milivolt is 1.5 amps. They can vary from .5 to 1 all the way to 2 to 1. Your shunt should be marked somewhere.

If you are reading that shunt with that meter my guess is that your readings are actually running through 2 shunts not one and are incorrect.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Richard, I looked closer at those pictures. The shunt ts a 50 mv 75 amp shunt. That means a 1 milivolt reading on a multimeter is 1.5 amps. You can't use that panel meter with that shunt. The readings will be false. Hook up a digital multimeter to the shunt. Set it to the milivolt setting. 10 milivolts will be 15 amps. 20 milivolts will be 30 amps and so on. Your accuracy will be perfect as for amperage unless you are at very low amps like under 5 or so.

Larry

cooler

i buy the meter first then when i got home it said on the box "requires a shunt" then i went back and buy a shunt but i didn't take into mind it might need to be the same as the meter. i just buy one that i think my HHO cell will be under, because im not thinking of going over 50 amps on my HHO system. thanks for the heads ups.

look what i got for free today. with brass tubing!

i always wanted back one.

What happened?. I want to know more about the "Ultra-efficient" Dry Cell....

hello richard, i am new to this forum but have been reserching hho production for about a year or so. first i want to complement you on a great build, I to am a diy kinda guy. most people think im absolutly crazy because my plan is to build a system that will run my 1990 toyota tacoma 100% on hho. most people think its not possible so your threads are really inspireing to me.
    everything i seem to reed says the same thing that all i could hope to get is 1lpm @ 30a and 12v? you sem to have found the holy grail so any help would be sooooooo so appreciated...

thanks

over a year

after over a year its time for a new reactor build, this reactor as served me well, i have done about 30k miles with it and even at take down it was still preforming very very efficient, the seals held up to time. im very happy with this reactor. i am going to replace it with 2 new reactors that i have been working on, each reactor will have plate size 5"x5", 4 1/4" holes each (n)neural and (-)negative plate but no holes in the (+)positive plate, layout like this -nnnnnn+nnnnnn- my aim is to stay above 6mmw

this is the Ultra Efficient Cell

this reactor has served me well for over a year

Talking

system upgrade with a new dry cell. ready to go another 100,000 miles or 1 year before i will build another one. im so happy and comfortable with this cell.

-nnnnnn+nnnnnn-nnnnnn+nnnnnn- no holes in the center plate, 3 holes each plate. all holes 1/4 inch. 5"x5", 1/4" gaskets, NaOH, carbon filtered water because publix stop selling deionized water i found a new way to connect the wires that waste less current im loving it! i use soldering wire to make washers, 2 for each connection.

i have new builds coming up, i will make new threads

A star grid, a simple non-porous design also. I can see if I can find a link.
    Male motorcycle riders or bikers must make sure that they measure their Designer Black Leather Jackets For Men in cwmalls.comcarefully so that they order and buy the right size of this Men's Black Leather Motorcycle Jacket to fit them without any problems.